Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve equipment reliability and to implement those changes through failure analysis, data collection, and identification of changes to maintenance, operations, purchasing, and design practices.
- Manage the failure analysis process within the plant.
- Determine and maintain the problem equipment list, and ensure plant-wide dissemination through reports and Pareto charts.
- Establish priorities for the problem equipment list coordinated with operations.
- Conduct failure analysis and determine recommendations for prevention.
- Present recommendations resulting from failure analysis to the Reliability Improvement Team.
- Initiate and document the implementation of recommended actions as approved by the Reliability Improvement Team.
- Track the progress of action items through completion.
- Review/upgrade PM instructions of the problem equipment
- Will maintain and enforce a safe working environment, adhere to safety policies and practices, promote daily housekeeping, adhere to plant policies, and proper use of plant radios.
- Be familiar with MSHA safety rules, safety procedures for plant mobile equipment, lockout/Tagout policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan, arc flash/shock and burn protection, proper containment and disposal process (via Waste Management Plan) for lubricants, paints/solvents, and other environmentally sensitive materials.
- Ensure quality of work performed, support, promote and utilize continuous improvement system, observe and promote best practices, good time management and be able to troubleshoot/analyze root cause failure.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and engineering trades
- Required: Knowledge of maintenance systems.
- Desired: Minimum of four years engineering/supervisory experience in maintenance programs and operational environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Engineering/Supervisory: 4 years (Preferred)
- Cement industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location