Canadian Health Solutions is a growing group of health service companies that develop and provide leading medical and research services. Based out of Saint John, New Brunswick, we seek a motivated software developer to help take our current organization to the next level. You will work with our key stakeholders, development, medical and scientific teams, and help drive our technical vision.
Ideally, you will bring experience in full stack web development, including PHP and .NET. You may also have in-depth experience in other languages, frameworks or platforms that could contribute to our technical vision.
This position will appeal to an individual who is eager to help build and contribute to the overall IT picture, enjoys a broad variety of projects, and is effective working independently and in a collaborative team environment. There is also an opportunity to work a combination of on-site and remotely.
What are your main duties?
- Design, create, configure, and integrate software and systems to meet our business needs
- Analyze and understand user needs and requirements
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Keep up-to-date on software developments and trends
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 2-3+ years of experience designing and building applications and web applications
- WAMP/LAMP stack
- Familiar with GIT, OOPS and SOLID Design principles
- Python or other web-scraping technologies
- Working with APIs, XML/JSON and Restful services
- Windows and Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of design and architecture principles and practices
- Solid understanding of web development and technologies – MVC Frameworks
- Experience leveraging Open Source software
- Conduct unit tests, code reviews, ensure quality and adherence to adopted development practices.
- In-depth experience in other web-based programming languages, web technologies, and web frameworks could also be considered
- Also beneficial is experience with Microsoft technologies and automating work to Microsoft Excel/Word.
- Proficient communication skills in verbal and written English
- A drive and curiosity for continuous learning
- Ability to script in Python and previous experience of work done in Data Science using Python would be considered an asset.
Location: Saint John, NB, Canada.
General Office Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
If you are excited by the opportunity to work for a highly successful fast paced growing company, then please submit your resume!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Computer Programming: 1 year (Preferred)
- c#: 1 year (Preferred)