We are Covestro. We are curious. We are courageous. We are colorful. We refined Chemical material solutions with game-changing products. Let us empower you to push boundaries. Join us and our 16,000 colleagues now and together we will MAKE the world a brighter place.
WHAT WE OFFER
Covestro is seeking to hire an I&E (PCT - Process Control Technology) Engineer. for our production site in New Martinsville, WV. This position provides technical expertise for all Process Control Technology (PCT) related equipment and maintenance activity for business units in the New Martinsville site. Accountable for safety, reliability and optimization of business unit PCT systems. Provides day-to-day technical leadership in PCT problem solving and coordination of PCT maintenance activities. Accountable for the overall PCT direction for the business units.
- Accountable for the overall costs, application, safety, operation and reliability of PCT equipment within the
- Accountable for the safe and reliable operation of PCT equipment
- Responsible for process control optimization, configuration and security of DCS/PLC systems
- Responsible for initial PCT process design basis for capital work(design package)
- Responsible for review and approval of all PCT capital work in the business units.
- Responsible for engineering, managing and execution of PCT capital work within assigned units.
- Accountable for implementation and monitoring of Covestro PCT standards and guidelines
- Accountable for operational success of PCT assets / systems installed within assigned units.
- Accountable for implementing Management of Change (MOC) for PCT activities.
- Responsible for PCT maintenance budget for the business units.
- Accountable to provide input to Safety and PHA Reviews.
- Responsible to provide PCT technical leadership for maintenance,engineering and construction activities
- Responsible to provide unit specific training for PCT Maintenance and Production Technicians on PCT
systems & equipment.
- Responsible for coordinating outside PCT service providers
- Responsible for compliance with Safety and Environmental regulatory requirements
- Responsible for implementation of reliability guidelines and programs for PCT systems
- Responsible for implementation, monitoring and managing New Martinsville site PCT reliability programs
including PCT inspections.Work closely with PCT supervisor/planners identifying and implementing
opportunities for improvement.
- Accountable for developing and maintaining functional testing procedures and safety procedures for
working on PCT and SIS systems.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- An education level of BS in Electrical or Chemical Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of work
- Working knowledge of statistics, computer operations, root cause analysis, basic understanding of E & I
drawings and isometrics and thorough knowledge of electrical and instrument equipment are essential.
- Ability to develop process improvement projects and implement recommendations to meet business goals
while complying with safety, environmental and regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot and repair electrical and instrument systems is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a safe work environment and integrate electrical safety codes
into maintenance activities
- Working knowledge of PCT systems functional safety principles is essential.
- Working knowledge in the design, application, validation and maintenance of Safety Instrumented
Systems is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with a cross-functional team of individuals from diverse
backgrounds.• Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills for interacting with all levels (Sr. Management/Operating
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to identify and design PCT capital improvement projects /unit-specific AR’s to meet OEE.
- Very good analytical and presentation skills
- Open minded “Change agent” and team Player
- Social competence, initiative and decisiveness
- Creativeness and ability to involve and convince People
Are you curious, courageous and colorful as we are? If so, we can offer you exciting career opportunities. We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter, your resume, certificates as well as your salary expectations and your notice period. Become part of our Team - apply now!
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Hiring and advancement are based on job-related requirements and on an individual's qualifications to perform a job. All aspects of employment are carried out free of discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disabilities, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression or any unlawful criterion, existing under applicable federal, state, or local law.