NATURE AND SCOPE: This position is responsible under full supervision with training on how to operate, repair and maintain refrigeration systems to freeze or chill product and maintain temperatures in cold and chill rooms per company procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and record functions of refrigeration system and adjust valves or controls to obtain optimal performance of the system per company procedures.
- Evaluate product discharged from freeze tunnels and adjust controls to meet company standards for product temperature.
- Maintain and repair refrigeration equipment.
- Monitor/maintain defrost tank temperature and water level
- Defrost tunnels on set schedules as instructed
- Review equipment needs with maintenance crew and management.
- Perform constant routine checks on equipment.
- Assist maintenance and production personnel in problem solving activities.
- Repair, overhaul, fabricate, disassemble, re-assemble, and move equipment in and out of the plant.
- Communicate and interact with all employees in a respectful and professional manner.
- May be required to clean and/or paint equipment.
- Complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Attend seminars, workshops and schools on refrigeration maintenance related subjects.
- Keep legible, detailed, and accurate records and logs, and provide oral and written reports as instructed.
- Load/unload parts and machinery as instructed.
- Keep facility operating and minimize down time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED, associate degree preferred.
- Work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Have and maintain basic welding, cutting, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical skills.
- Read, write legibly, speak and understand English.
- Understand and follow instructions.
- Meet or exceed job duties & responsibilities.
- Work safely at all times and report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Able to rotate shifts between day, swing and graveyard.
- Basic knowledge of lubricants.
- Basic math skills.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Company policies and procedures.
- Keep work areas clean.
- Complete Lift Truck Certification and Respirator training.
- Furnish own personal hand tools and keep clean and in good repair.
- Sit, bend, crawl, twist, balance, stand, squat, climb stairs/ladders, crouch, walk (possibly on uneven grounds), kneel, stoop, push, and pull.
- Push and pull at various heights.
- Reach from waist to shoulder heights frequently.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Have good vision and hearing.
- Work in hot, cold and noisy environments, inside and outside.
- Work above and below floor levels.
- Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; fumes or airborne particles; risk of electric shock; and vibration.
- May occasionally work in narrow passageways and at protected heights.
- Frequently work on wet/slippery floors.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: PNW Veg Co., LLC dba Quincy Foods is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, E-Verify employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.41 - $23.51 per hour