At Abonmarche, our reputation is built on trust, passion, reliability, and quality. We are committed to exceeding the needs of each client. We work closely with our clients to understand what they need to accomplish and what they hope to achieve. Then we put our expert technical and creative skills to work — and help them create a great place.
Our team consists of over 120 committed professional at all levels. Founded in 1979, we have been expanding over the past several years and now serve clients from offices in South Bend, Valparaiso, Lafayette, Fort Wayne, Hobart and Goshen, Indiana as well as Benton Harbor, South Haven, and Kalamazoo, Michigan. We offer civil engineering, surveying, architectural, and landscape architecture services for municipal, residential, and commercial clients.
We are seeking bright, new talent to join our knowledgeable, creative and experienced team. Benefits include a competitive salary, health, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan, paid vacation, personal/sick days, and life and disability insurance. Please visit our website at www.abonmarche.com.
Responsibilities and Duties
The ideal candidate will demonstrate structural engineering expertise, a high degree of attention to detail, and a willingness to explore and find optimal solutions to unique and often challenging design problems. He or she will be responsible for working in a multidisciplinary design team to produce PS&E construction documents.
- Serve as a Project Engineer on the design of residential and commercial projects.
- Experience with 3D structural analysis software, such as RISA 3-D or equivalent.
- Direct the creation and development of construction documents.
- Write and review specifications.
- Review shop drawings.
- Conduct site visits when needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering with Structural emphasis required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Building design experience using the International Building Code.
- Professional Engineer (PE) Registration in Indiana or Michigan, or the ability to obtain within 6 months is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- CAD and/or Revit experience is a plus.
- Bridge design experience using LRFD AASHTO code is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- engineering: 5 years (Required)
- IN or MI Professional Engineer (Required)
- Only full-time employees eligible