Are looking for an award-winning, growing and passionate company to work for?
Join Canada's 2019 Top Broker, Storm Insurance Group. Storm Insurance was also the finalist in IBC’s 3 categories, Digital Innovator, Employer of Choice and took home the Brokerage of the Year award!
We're seeking a dynamic, forward thinking insurance product developer to work on our national innovation team. The Insurance Product Developer will collaborate with our Regional Vice-Presidents to understand their business product and program offering today, and their vision for tomorrow.
As a key team player in our innovation team, the Insurance Product Developer will collaborate with our Innovation team, including our Project Managers, IT Business Analysts and Developers to liaise between the business and the product development team. Once the product or program is established, he/she will partner with the Marketing team to roll out the product, regionally and/or nationally.
Our Ideal Candidate,
- Insurance professional with extensive underwriting experience and rate development, personal and commercial lines.
- Proactive researcher and analyzer of industry and consumer trends
- Critical thinker who understands all facets of insurance product planning, development and implementation.
- An Underwriting subject matter expert
- An industry networker who establishes relationships with insurance companies and syndicates.
- Collaborate with business leaders to prioritize their innovation plans, products, programs, and/or new distribution models
- Prepare Project Plans and deliver on projects on time and on budget
- Meet with stakeholders to identify work flow processes, discover value add opportunities, remove non-value add process and translate business requirements to the Development Team.
- Schedule and facilitate internal and stakeholder meetings.
- Determine, write and edit policy wordings.
- Recommend new turn-key product and marketing business solutions
- 5- 10 years of Personal and Commercial Underwriting experience
- Experience in rate setting
- Experience developing new insurance solutions and bringing to market
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with senior leadership and teams.
- Career experience working at a brokerage, mga and/or insurance company.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Underwriting: 5 years (Required)
- insurance product development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)