LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – REFRIGERATION APPLIANCES
Continental Refrigeration is a leading manufacturer of commercial refrigeration products for the food services industry. Due to our continued growth, we are in need of technicians in our New Product Development Laboratories. The successful candidate will work with our Engineers to assemble prototype Refrigerators and Freezers, install instrumentation, perform various qualification tests, and adjustments to the refrigeration system as necessary.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, including Medical insurance, Life insurance, Disability insurance, Profit Sharing, 401(k) with company match, and more. You may visit us at www.continentalrefrigerator.com for more information on our products.
Laboratory Technician Duties.
- Assemble refrigerators and freezers with specified components.
- Install instrumentation for testing and setup unit in the environmental rooms.
- Conduct performance testing of refrigeration systems for refrigerators and freezers.
- Evaluate test data and recommend improvements to the refrigeration system.
- Maintenance of the Engineering Laboratory assembly area, test facility, and equipment
- Troubleshoots refrigeration system faults in the Production environment.
- Read and understand bill of materials and wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to braze proficiently all types of metal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Knowledge of refrigeration systems, electrical systems, and controls
- Good mechanical and communication skills
- Able to learn at a fast pace.
- Understanding of UL, NSF, DOE, and Energy Star compliance standards are a plus.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office
- Graduate of a Refrigeration Technical School
- EPA Certification
- Technical background in Refrigeration systems.
- Knowledge of refrigeration theory.
- 2+ years experience servicing and repairing refrigeration systems.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of DOE, EPA, UL and NSF Standards a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place