Senior Embedded Linux Engineer
The Sapling Company
Sapling Inc. has been a technology leader in advanced time control systems for over two decades. We feature a complete line of Synchronized Clock Systems including analog and digital clocks at different sizes and design styles. Recognized worldwide, Sapling timing solutions can be found in schools, hospitals, and offices throughout the country and all over the world.
Senior Embedded Linux Engineer Job Summary
An exciting position as a Senior Embedded Linux Engineer is now available with the Sapling Company. We are seeking a talented and motivated board support engineer who also understands hardware design. Candidate will work with our Systems Engineering team, dealing with Linux BSP, drivers, embedded firmware development and manufacturing test software. The Senior Embedded Linux Engineer will develop and maintain the Yocto based platform.
Senior Embedded Linux Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, Maintain and support Yocto build system in a continuous integration environment including packaging and deployment of software.
- New board bring up, debug, and BSP updates
- Write and maintain scripts to initialize and control the peripherals of the platforms
- Configure and modify the kernel and embedded boot loaders
- Work with vendors to support peripherals in the kernel
- Work with QA to complete qualified work
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer or Engineering Science
- 5 years or more of related experience
- Knowledge or experience with the Yocto Project
- Ability to understand electronics schematics
- Experience developing and debugging kernel drivers for embedded Linux
- Experience with File System.
- Knowledge of boot loaders for Modern ARM Cortex A Processor
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- The individual must be well organized, methodical, and detail-oriented. A self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Warminster, PA 18974 (Preferred)
- related: 5 years (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place