Job Description: OSP Engineer
Job Description Number:
Reports to: Director of OSP Engineering
FLSA Classification: Contract
Engineer and Design Fiber to the Home (FTTH) routes using standards compliance for Dobson Technologies and Dobson Telephone companies. Position will engineer and design FTTH network within pre-defined neighborhood area using a desktop KMZ as initial design work and Dobson Technologies OSP GIS records software (CircuitVision and Google Earth), develop budget and BOM to be approved by management. OSP Engineer will review as-builts, blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specifications to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
- Under general supervision of the Director of OSP Engineering, the incumbent has the responsibility to engineer and design FTTH based on the Fiber Indexing Terminal modeling.
§ Input and track associate parts required for design and generate a BOM including dollar amounts.
§ Ensure proper processes are followed to ensure that designs/records are input and maintained accurately and consistently.
§ Produce drawings/prints to ensure accurate installation and testing by 3rd party contractors.
§ Produce reports as needed to reflect various OSP assets required including home passing.
§ Ensure that FTTH plant designs are effectively protected.
- Filing and organizing office
- Assists team in troubleshooting and tracking issues, presents creative solutions
- Correlates and obtains desired designs upon request.
- Does related work as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
Thorough knowledge of engineering office practice and FTTH designs; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.); files and generating reports; clerical skills; ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written directions; ability to work under pressure with good organizational skills; ability to work in a team environment; initiative in recognizing need for improvement in, or adaptation of, existing systems and effecting changes in them; in tracking down missing and misfiled items; accuracy in filing; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree preferred and/or a minimum of five to ten years outside plant Engineering with good working knowledge of OSP database/inventory/MGMT systems experience, which includes the knowledge and experience in FTTH engineering and design.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Strong data base, software and operating systems background
· Strong Analytical Skills
· Very Meticulous
· Good Problem-Solving Skills
· Good Communication Skills
· Must be able to prioritize projects and multi-task
· Understanding of construction units/ terminology/ processes
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oklahoma City, OK: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Computer networking: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location