About this Job
Data Engineer duties and responsibilities of the job
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years experience working within Data and Business Intelligence. Experience with SQL, SSIS, Tableau, Power BI (or other Business Intelligence / Reporting tools) is wanted as this job will be working with companies to gather business requirements and translate those requirements into consumable reports for end users. Must have experience with ETL and the ability to ensure quality along the full ETL process. Attention to detail on deliverables will be extremely important as the reports that are being created will be used daily by high level decision makers.
This will be a client facing position – giving you the experience to work directly with CEOs, CTOs, CIOs, etc… You will also be working with data professionals who have over 40 years of experience in the field of data and analytics.
Some of the common tasks for this role will include the following:
- Pulling data out of a client's source system and pushing it into a SQL Server database using scripts or automation tools
- Using SQL to manipulate and transform data
- Pulling data into Power BI / Tableau / other BI tools depending on the client’s needs.
- Building dashboards and reports
- Working with Project Lead and Client resources to understand requirement and present work completed
The following qualities / experience is desired:
- Experience in data models and reporting packages
- Working or project experience with SQL, Python, R or other programming languages
- Working knowledge of BI / Reporting tools (Power BI, Tableau, QlikView, etc…)
- Ability to write comprehensive reports
- Experience building and optimizing large data sets to answer specific business questions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Strong attention to detail with project management experience and good organizational skills
About Xantie Analytics
At Xantie, we are passionate about data and giving power to decision makers by getting them the correct information at the right time. We do this by changing business processes to enhance data collection, data transformation and reporting. We use a large variety of tools in order to help our customers reach greater understanding of their business. Those tools range from API tools, to a variety of SQL languages and multiple Business Intelligence tools including Domo, Power BI, Tableau and QlikView.
We work in a variety of industries from retail, home development, fast food, health care, long term treatment facilities and many more. With that, we need to be constantly learning and adjusting our skill set to ensure that we deliver to best possible outcomes to our customers.
We work in a flexible and fast paced environment and make sure we have fun along the way.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Business intelligence: 3 years (Preferred)
- Data Architect: 2 years (Preferred)