Under general supervision, the ESD IT Engineer supports end users during the evening production cycle and troubleshoots, administers and maintains related hardware and software, including basic support, maintenance and administration of networking equipment and file servers. The position works closely with end users, management and other IT departments. The position also coordinates deployment of new and replacement computer hardware for end users such as PCs, printers and scanners.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Resolves issues, prioritizing based on business impact and escalating when needed to senior staff and / or third-party resources to ensure timely resolution.
- Coordinates deployment of new and replacement computer hardware for end users such as PCs, printers and scanners.
- Assists with ongoing projects and other required tasks while evaluating problems and identifying solutions and prioritizing to meet business needs.
- Communicates clearly and provides timely updates to upper management on the status of critical issues, such as system outages, and projects.
- Assists with completion of daily critical system checks and maintenance as defined by IT management.
- Oversees end user compliance with company policies and security standards.
- Installs, assembles and configures mobile devices, computers, monitors, network infrastructure and peripherals such as printers, scanners and related hardware where needed
- Under overall direction from IT management, deploys and manages:
- User accounts/access
- Acts as a backup resource for other IT staff as needed, while ensuring customer needs and project efforts are fulfilled.
- Travels to company properties to complete work functions as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work 3:00pm-midnight to support the support the news cycle.
1. Flexibility to work varied schedules, including periodic late-night schedules.
2. Must be a self-starter, show initiative, problem solving skills and customer orientation.
3. Must be able to work effectively with a variety of people, as part of a team or independently, and enforce policies without alienating employees.
4. Must be able to clearly explain technical standards and policies to non-technical employees.
5. Must be able to handle the stress of internal and external demands.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively, in writing or by speaking.
7. Must be able to complete tasks within deadlines.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or management information science with a
minimum of 2 years of related experience or a comparable degree and a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in local and wide area networking.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Windows operating systems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with computer hardware, including desktop and laptop
computers and servers.