ConsenSys is a venture production studio passionate about building and scaling tools and enterprise software products powered by Ethereum. Our mission is to use these solutions to power the emerging economic, social, and political operating systems of the planet.
Our teams are busy at work building the future of identity, financial markets, commerce, security, infrastructure, and more. If you are someone that thrives in an exciting environment where being disciplined, determined, collaborative and resilient are a requirement, we would love for you to join us.
The Protocol Engineering Group (PegaSys) team within ConsenSys creates and contributes to the software which operates Ethereum networks from the public chain to enterprise ecosystems. PegaSys is on a mission to enable the decentralized future by building a next-generation enterprise-grade blockchain platform.
We are set to grow the ecosystem around blockchain and technologies through products that drive enterprise adoption. This work spans all layers of the (Enterprise) Ethereum protocol stack: block processing, networking, storage, and cryptography. Some of the challenges we have been focusing on include security, scalability, performance, privacy, and robustness.
Our path to success lies in interactions and open source contributions coming from our engagement with enterprise, academic, EEA, and Ethereum Foundation.
The PegaSys Distinction
Being a startup things can be a little chaotic, which we appreciate is not for everyone. However if you enjoy pioneering new territory and building products from scratch, then you might just like it here.
PegaSys is a remote first company, which means you'll have the opportunity to set up a home office and ditch your daily commute. For those who prefer the commuter lifestyle, we also have a Brisbane CBD office and there is always the option of co-working spaces.
As a globally distributed team, you'll find your colleagues located throughout North America, Europe and Oceania, providing opportunity to apply both synchronous and asynchronous working practices. With flexible working hours and minimal managerial oversight, delivering on commitments to your immediate team and the wider PegaSys is the measure of success in our self-managed environment.
You'll also have the opportunity for direct involvement in the recruitment of your future colleagues. In fact, everyone is empowered to contribute in how we move our business forward; from designing processes and policies to participation in working groups to improve any aspect of PegaSys.
Roughly every six months, we convene for an offsite, where you get to meet your colleagues in person, foster community and align on strategy. Our last meet up being in Prague.
What you'll get to work on:
Who we are looking for has experience with:
- Collaborate in creating and providing coaching on quality assurance and quality control techniques and processes to your PegaSys colleagues.
- Guide engineers towards the best solutions for improving the quality and speed of development by identifying, promoting and supporting the adoption of innovative tooling and approaches to drive high-quality product and engineering practices.
- Influence engineers to consider architecting with testing in mind, by ensuring the various avenues of required testing are known before the coding begins.
- Evaluate existing and newly authored automated test suites for opportunities to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evolve the internal automated test frameworks, though developing feature extensions driven by your exploratory testing.
- Quality assurance support in end-to-end product or feature development (includes contributing to the acceptance criteria, assessing and flagging risks).
- Coaching others in quality assurance and testing.
- Different levels of testing (unit, integration, acceptance, exploratory).
- Defining quality goals in a project or team and measuring them.
- Identifying, designing and/or implementing simple solutions (process improvement, tooling).