Norplex Advanced Composites
Manufacturing Operator I
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Shift Supervisor
Grade/Level: High School / GED
Prepared by: Human Resources
Norplex Advanced Composites, a new manufacturing division of Industrial Dielectric Holdings, is building a new 35,000 square foot facility in Manhattan, MT, 19 miles west of Bozeman, to produce thermoset high performance prepregs and laminated composite panels for industrial, transportation, and other markets. We have immediate openings for experienced Manufacturing Operators 1 with the following expectations and qualifications.
Are you tired of doing the same old manufacturing thing every day? Do you look forward to a new challenge every day?
Have you always wanted to work in a new start-up manufacturing operation?
Would you want your employer to be part of a larger, privately held enterprise that has had a remarkable level of stability, where you can do your job correctly, without worrying about big publicly traded company problems, such as quarterly earnings reports and big business PR?
Are you looking for a company culture where you can excel and be compensated based on your performance and work with people you enjoy being around?
Do you love the area around Bozeman, MT, and enjoy the laid-back pace of mountain area living? Can you work hard, play hard, and then relax?
Do you have at least a GED or High School diploma, preferably with some college, as well as 5+ years of work experience, preferably in a manufacturing position?
Do you have a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office programs and good written, reading, and verbal communications skills? Can you learn and work in an ERP system (Infor) that we all use every day to do our jobs more efficiently?
Can you show up on time, work the entire shift, get along with your co-workers, and be the type of person others would like to work with?
Are you willing to learn multiple new processes and procedures, including material receiving and handling, operation of a hot melt coating line, prepreg plying and cutting lines, low pressure large format compression press, post bake oven, precision panel saw, and packing and shipping for a new state of the art composites manufacturing operation? Can you work closely with other operations personnel, engineers, quality assurance, and sales and marketing on development and process improvement projects? Are you willing to tackle any new challenge assigned by management?
Do you have legal authorization to work in the United States and can you meet the legal requirements for an ITAR controlled, DOD approved vendor?
If you can’t answer yes to every one of these questions, please don’t waste your time or ours by sending a resume, an application, a video, or any other cute way of getting our attention. While you may be a great person, you won’t meet our requirements and we won’t hire you.
If you can answer yes to every one of these questions and would like to be considered for these positions, please submit your resume on Indeed, or send your resume to Norplex Advanced Composites, 170 Wooden Shoe Lane, Manhattan, MT 59741; Attn: Human Resources, or fax to 563-864-4277, Norplex Advanced Composites is an EOE.
Norplex Advanced Composites - Manufacturing Operator 1
I. Job Summary
The successful candidate(s) will serve as the initial manufacturing hire(s) for a new operation being built in Manhattan, MT, 19 miles west of Bozeman. The Manufacturing Operator 1 will help develop and follow manufacturing processes for a new fiberglass and carbon fiber prepreg processing operation as well as finished composite panels produced from the prepreg.
II. Essential Functions
- Operate Forklift as needed.
- Complete accurate paperwork and computer transactions in all areas.
- Unload incoming trucks using forklift or other powered or manual equipment.
- Move drums containing raw materials, supplies, and hazardous waste to appropriate storage areas.
- Operate equipment and scales to measure, weigh and mix chemical ingredients according to specifications.
- Control and operate the coating line equipment.
- Test production composite prepreg samples for resin content, flow, and other properties.
- Cut release film and release paper.
- Ply up, cut, inspect, weigh up, and layup b-stage material.
- Load, operate, control and unload the presses.
- Disassemble (break down) press loads.
- Load, operate, and unload post bake oven.
- Operate precision paneling saw.
- Assemble product pallets, boxes and crates.
- Inspect, pack on pallets, in boxes or crates, and band orders.
- Maintain plant operating equipment for proper production, cleanliness and appearance.
- Follow all safety procedures within the plant and ensure safety compliance for yourself and your co-workers.
III. Qualifications Required:
Minimum: High School diploma or GED
Preferred: Some college or Bachelor’s degree
Manufacturing Operator 1 positions will start at $18 per hour, with $0.25 per hour raises quarterly for the first two years. Shift premiums of $1.50 per hour for second shift and $2 per hour for third shift will apply when employees work those shifts.
All new employees will begin on first shift for initial training then transfer permanently to first, second or third shift after initial training is complete.
Job Type: Full-time
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place