Warehouse Manager - Outbound – Lighting Industry
We see potential.
Where do you see yourself professionally next year? In five years? Topaz, a leading manufacturer and distributor of lighting and electrical products is in the midst of a 5-year business plan to double its size—double its capacity to better reach and serve our customers, significantly increase our product offering and sales and exponentially increase our potential to retain and reward our valued team members. As a result of this transformation, Topaz LED Lamps and Fixtures have experienced tremendous growth creating the perfect opportunity for an application engineer with knowledge of electrical circuitry design & product creation process.
Reporting to the Distribution Center (DC) Manager, the Outbound Warehouse Manager is responsible for the effective planning, coordination, and direction of all activities concerned with the packaging, shipping and delivery of goods.
Essential Job Functions:
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
- Plan work schedules and assign duties to maintain adequate staff for effective performance of activities and response to fluctuating workloads.
- Collaborate with Distribution Center (DC) Manager and Warehouse Supervisor(s) to solve work-related problems.
- Supervises the daily work of employees engaged in the picking, packing, checking, and shipping of outbound orders
- Plans effectively for the fulfillment of customer orders and inter-warehouse transfers, coordinating the necessary labor resources to ensure efficient receipts
- Ensure all customer orders are fulfilled accurately and within agreed timelines
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation (Packing Slips, Bills of Lading, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with other warehouse teams in a cross functional manner
- Prepare and maintain work records and reports of information such as employee performance, daily shipments, or inspection results
- Assist with interviewing, selecting, and training warehouse and supervisory personnel.
- Assist with the planning, developing, and implementing of warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Evaluate employee performance and assist with performance appraisals
- Interprets Company policies for employees, enforce safety and security regulations, and hold daily pre-shift meetings
- Inspects material handling equipment daily for safe operations and coordinates required repairs with maintenance department
- Work cross functionally with peers to develop best-in-class practices. Act as team resource for process and systems knowledge
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge of managerial and supervisory principles and practices
- Knowledge of warehousing techniques, standard warehouse practices and procedures
- Knowledge of legally required methods of handling warehousing equipment
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Knowledge in computerized inventory management
- Skilled in using computer and basic application software used in warehouse operations (Ex WMS)
- Skilled in using common office machinery and equipment
- Skilled in using common warehouse machinery and equipment – must be forklift certified
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including routine reports and email correspondence
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and team members
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Safety (MSDS) training
What Topaz has to offer:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Five (5) years or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills. Spanish is an Asset
- Experience within the Electric or Lighting industry is a plus
- Personal Time Off
- Vacation Time
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Bagel Wednesday & Pizza Fridays!
- Monthly Birthday & Anniversary celebrations
- Topaz Fridays- Show your Topaz swag Free Coffee