Come grow with one of Inc. Magazine's Best Places to Work 2019
Stable Kernel is a custom software and technology firm - focused on making good developers great. Our customers are companies that invest in the creation of software products that we design and develop; these are usually large companies that sell something other than software. Check out our
website [https://stablekernel.com/work/] to see the innovative projects we work on.
Besides software engineers, Stable Kernel employs UX/UI designers, market researchers, project managers, and quality assurance engineers to deliver world class applications. A typical project takes anywhere from four months to a year or more and has between 3-10 team members. All work is done in our beautiful office in Atlanta, GA with walking access to the BeltLine. Because we believe teams work best when they are constantly collaborating, we do not have remote employees - but we do have a flexible work from home policy.
- Note – We are not sponsoring employment visas at this time. If you are currently in possession of an employment visa, it will need to be effective for at least 3 years from the date of your application for your candidacy for employment to be considered.
What sets Stable Kernel developers apart
Stable Kernel engineers aspire to be ambitious consultants and constant learners.
Most engineers come to us with the ability to write applications on one platform with one or two different frameworks. While at Stable Kernel, engineers are tasked with learning how to write applications on mobile, browser and cloud platforms. Over the course of three years, most Stable Kernel engineers will write applications on all of these platforms. An engineer’s salary rises as they demonstrate the ability to build applications on more platforms.
We take an active role in evaluating our client's problems and opportunities, planning and presenting a solution, and then implementing and delivering it. This allows developers to constantly challenge themselves with new problems and technologies. These projects might contain multiple components - from a simple application to a system consisting of HTTP APIs, databases, mobile and web applications. Our projects are most often brand new applications and systems we architect, which allows us to use the latest and greatest in languages, frameworks, and operating systems. Oh, and we really value automated testing.
Learn more about what it's like to work at SK from one of our engineers here.
Interested? Here's what we are looking for:
- Experience writing Angular or React applications, specifically: * Obtaining and retaining authorization with an OAuth 2.0 API
- Making HTTP API requests and modeling data with types.
- Using HTML and CSS/SCSS to develop user interfaces designed by a UX/UI designer and communicated via Sketch.
- Dynamically populating HTML elements with data
- Writing logic to respond to user, network and browser events
- Make documented pull requests with GitHub, create and rebase branches, and push commits to a remote branch.
- Ability to communicate respectfully with the intent to align on and meet team objectives.
- An interest in consulting / working and communicating with clients
At SK, we are consultants and an extension of our customer’s team. We are looking for candidates who have strong communication skills and are interested or comfortable working with customer stakeholders on a daily basis. Our clients depend on our developers to make the best decision for their needs and being able to communicate effectively.
Software engineer salaries range from $72,000 to $120,000 depending on the breadth and depth of their development experience. Engineers with the ability to effectively write applications for many platforms are on the upper end of this range, while engineers with abilities in only one platform are at the lower end.
Software engineers that demonstrate extraordinary technical, communication and planning capabilities are promoted to Software Architects. This role aids in the sales process to architect solutions, creates planning documents and leads technical teams. Trust is important in this role, so Stable Kernel promotes this position from within. Software Architects earn up to $150,000/yr with an incentive structure based on project success.
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Health, vision and dental plans at 100% personal coverage
- 401k with above average company matching
- All-expenses paid professional conference each year
- Continuous personal & professional development
- Pet-friendly office
- Premium BeltLine access
- Mentor/mentee opportunities
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Flexible work environment