The Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Designer will be responsible for providing system design: calculations and other related design services including coordination with the designs of other trades (architectural and engineering) under the guidance of Project Manager. The Mechanical Engineer/Designer will take ownership of the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the work assigned to you. Individuals in this position must demonstrate the ability to progress from basic design work assignments to more complicated and involved projects working in conjunction with the project team.
Typical duties will include but not limited to the preparation of the following:
- Prepare drawings detailing the system designed using computer assisted engineering design software such as AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit to prepare engineering and design documents
- Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architect
- Maintain continual communication with the Project Manager and the project team
- Assists in design and production of mechanical, piping and plumbing systems for projects.
- Prepare complete construction document and specifications.
- Prepare and document Energy compliance calculations and forms
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks for assigned projects including conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Verify compliance to applicable codes and accepted engineering practices and standards
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor Degree in Architectural Engineering required
- AutoCAD skills required
- REVIT skills highly desired
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible way, both in person and in writing required
- EIT certification or the ability to take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam within six months of hire preferred
- Knowledge of LEED requirements and local codes preferred.
- Attitude of taking independent initiative, exhibiting creative problem-solving, eagerness to learn, while remaining dedicated to teamwork required
Job Type: Full-time
- Mechanical Engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Mechanical Design: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity