Project Management – Design, Development, Construction, & 3rd Party Partners
WHO IS MCRE (Mountain Classic Real Estate)?
MCRE is a value-add developer with awarded expertise in historic, commercial and multi-family renovations. With heady emphasis on design and creating incredible spaces, the company is currently focused on solving the need for attainable housing through converting dated hotel assets into well designed, safe, and attainable housing in markets throughout Utah and the United States.
WHAT DOES MCRE NEED?
If a title helps define the role, then we are looking for a: Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager, or Director of Project Management (commensurate with the candidates’ abilities and experience.)
The individual is to be a core member of MCRE’s small, dynamic, and visionary team. She/He is asked to be a champion of MCRE’s current re-development strategy and given latitude to prepare the company to expand and facilitate the acquisition of $500 million in projects over the next 3 years; they are to be a force multiplier.
WHAT IS EXPECTED?
The Project Manager works directly with the Head of Operations on project strategy. They are effective at passionately creating vision and orienting, directing and managing the project team to achieve critical project success factors. They facilitate excellent cohesiveness within this team; each member being a master of their craft of design, architecture, engineering, general contracting, and 3rd party vendors/suppliers. The position requires considerable judgement and latitude in performing job duties and is expected to function effectively with minimal to moderate direct supervision.
- Participate in evaluating and selecting critical consultants, contractors, vendors and suppliers
- Lead or attend and actively participate in partnering sessions with city municipalities, legal consultants, development consultants, Architects, designers, contractors, vendors, and suppliers.
- Provide detailed constructability reviews of project documents; make feasibility and value engineering recommendations.
- Prepare or facilitate project budgets while monitoring and reporting status and budget creep.
- Oversee and advise the development of pre-construction and construction processes.
- Review invoices for accuracy and required documentation prior to payments.
- Review contracts and change orders in partnership with internal and external consultants.
- Enforce contract compliance for reporting, accuracy, scheduling, and invoicing.
- Prepare and manage project schedules and update and compare with other company software process tracking programs and files.
- Coordinate the day-to-day work on projects in development and construction.
- Provide timely reports and updates to internal and external sources.
- Represent the company with integrity and strong ethical practices in all manners.
- Education: Undergraduate University degree or higher (preferably in construction management, development, or urban planning) is desirable. Other relevant education, training or work experience may substitute for higher education.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in hospitality and/or multi-family construction.
- Minimum of 10 years in development process that includes diligence efforts with rezoning, change of use and development applications. Work that leads to entitlements.
- Computer and technology literate and able to adapt to new software and programs. Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and other standard programs.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Project or other Gantt chart software and ability to understand, prepare and manage teams to follow and keep a pre-development and construction schedule.
- Ability to lead a design/build environment and experience working with Architects and Designers.
- Proven organizational skills to multi-task and stay organized with a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with internal and external sources and ability to function with ease as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Use of personal computer 4-5 hours a day; use of telephone and email for communication.
- Project site visits which require substantial walking, stairs and roof access if needed.
- Handle stress and difficult situations with calm and professionalism.
- Ability to de-escalate and resolve conflicts.
Escalated competitive salary - commensurate with abilities and experience.
Substantial project-based bonuses.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Mountain Classic Real Estate (MCRE)
Attention: Chris Phipps
461 East 200 South Suite 102
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)