Greensea Systems is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to help design and improve our wide portfolio of robotic systems. This person will have an eye for detail, and the desire to improve products for ease of manufacturing and end user experience. This person will be the primary PCB layout designer, in addition to having input on the overall design of our production products. Success will come from frequent interfacing with the production staff, gathering feedback, and leveraging the Manufacturing and Prototype Engineer to make changes to our designs and processes making our technology more robust and efficient to build. The right individual for this job will enjoy working with a multitude of departments and program managers, have the ability to work independently, and the desire to grow their career in the field of robotics.
- Facilitates communication between the engineering, production and quality departments getting feedback on products and possible improvements that should be considered.
- Primary designer in Eagle and Solidworks Electrical. Secondary designer in Solidworks Mechanical.
- Familiarity with product specification standards such as IPC.
- Responsible for creating electrical and mechanical assembly drawings for internal use.
- Responsible for creating customer facing drawings that combine aspects of both electrical and mechanical features.
- Create external documents for our customers that provide clear details as to how our assemblies are pinned out as well as including mechanical features, turning them from black boxes to products that can be interfaced with.
- Primary point of contact when it comes to reviewing PCB contracted work, from board schematics to mechanical files, that are sent for our review.
- Steps in on QC when a production runs require additional staffing to hit target completion dates.
- Steps in on assembly and prototyping to alleviate backlogs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 5 years’ experience.
- Experience in product design in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks Electrical, Solidworks Mechanical and Eagle.
- Professional experience in PCB layout and design.
- Ability to specificity PCB component substitutions for our manufacturer.
- Experience developing pcb qa/qc steps and requirements based on board functionality.
- Experience reviewing electrical drawings and providing redlines to designer(s). A strong attention to detail.
- Exceptionally organized.
To apply, please send your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter as PDF documents. The candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. This position is based in Richmond, Vermont and cannot be performed remotely. This position will require occasional travel.
Greensea (www.greensea.com) is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a casual and fun work environment and provide our employees training and continuing education opportunities. Greensea offers competitive salaries and a complete benefits package including full health insurance, 401(k), and paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
Deadline to apply: 8/11/21
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location