Leading perimeter security contractor is seeking full time Field Electrical Enginner for work locations primarily in the greater DC metro area. You MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ABLE TO OBTAIN A US SECURITY CLEARANCE.
As a Field Engineer, you will be part of a team that performs a variety of complex engineering functions as related to installation and service of the company products. The Hands-on Field Engineer will be responsible for executing and some cases overseeing multiple installations and conduct testing. Also, will need to perform high level troubleshooting (controls, electrical, and mechanical).
· Install and troubleshoot low voltage controls (PLCs, HMIs, Relays, Servo Drives, VFDs
· Upload and Download Software codes and adjust as required for a particular project.
· Work with Lead Office Engineer to provide accumulated field reports as well as support technical solutions.
· Work with Lead Installer and Project Manager to provide support and technical solutions.
· Coordinate testing of newly upgraded systems. Assess the mechanical, electrical, as well as software engineering aspects to the system. Validate that all of these are working correctly and if not provide solutions and testing to fix the problems.
· Respond to service calls that require high level troubleshooting and/or reoccurring issues.
· Provide technical support for technicians and customers.
· Red line technical drawings.
· Traveling out of state mainly DMV area and possibly other states and even out of the country.
· Mechanically inclined
· Ability to lift Actuators and control boxes/panel up to 80lbs.
· Experience with low voltage controls
· Entry level programming experience (PLCs, HMIs, Servo Drives, VFDs)
· Entry level understanding of relay logic
· Expert in reading drawings and schematics
· Minimum 3 years’ experience working with electrical (low/high voltage) and mechanical.
· Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
· Must be able to withstand adverse weather and environmental conditions.
Concentric Security, LLC offers a generous benefits package to include health, dental and vision insurances, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Concentric provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Must be a US citizen and able to obtain a US Security Clearance.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place