Job Title: R&D Engineer
Reports to: VP of R&D
Explosive growth and worldwide adoption of Kanomax FMT’s leading-edge instrumentation products has created an exciting opportunity for an R&D Engineer.
Kanomax FMT applies our industry-leading sub-20nm particle detection tool suite to solve our customers’ toughest particle measurement challenges. Our customers are among the top hi-tech companies worldwide in the semiconductor, industrial, and aerosol markets.
We are looking for an entry-level R&D engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who can quickly learn and apply new skills in a fast-paced startup environment. Travel opportunities are available for interested candidates.
- Software/Firmware development
- Pre-production assembly and testing
- Fixture design
- Product verification
- Product hand-off (R&D to Manufacturing)
- Quality improvement
- Generation and maintenance of documentation related to the above tasks including ISO 9000 compliance
Skill Requirements (minimum of 2 below)
- PLC programming and application (IEC 61131-3)
- PC board design (schematic and layout)
- Read and interpret electrical schematics
- 3D modeling (design and drawings)
- High voltage electronics design
- BA/BS in Engineering (Electronics preferred) or
- BA/BS in physical sciences with >2 years of relevant experience or
- Post-secondary technical degree/certification >5 years of relevant experience
Extreme attention to detail and quality.
Excellent manual dexterity.
Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently.
Able to find opportunities for efficiency and quality improvement.
Ability to lift 30 pounds is a plus
Kanomax FMT, Inc.
4104 Hoffman Road
White Bear Lake, MN 55110-3708
Job Type: Full-time