Commercial HVAC Applications Engineer (Minimum 5 years relevant experience required) - Mechanical Construction Addison Smith Mechanical Contractor, Inc. – Atlanta, GA Addison Smith Mechanical Contractor, Inc, a leading mechanical contractor in West Georgia is seeking a Commercial HVAC Applications Engineer for our growing Service and Retrofit Group. You will contribute to the development of a solid base of existing business with proven revenues.
We offer a self-motivated work environment and provide the optimal setting to take your career to the next level. We have a supportive culture, diverse workforce, and competitive compensation with base and generous commission structure, it’s everything you’ll need for an exciting, challenging, and rewarding career. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE PLEASE DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION.
1. Essential Functions:
The HVAC Applications Engineer will be self-motivated individual who has the ability to seek out new relationships to sell HVAC projects. Provide engineered equipment application to a variety of projects. Possess ability to lead a team. You will be required to maintain relationships with your customers and have the ability to solve mechanical issues through proposed solutions. Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating solutions and operations improvements. Prepares cost estimates by studying conditions, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel. Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
2. Responsibilities and Duties:
a) Develop solutions for challenging applications in compliance with industry codes and standards.
b) Provide technical support via phone and e-mail for both internal and external customers in the areas of selection and application.
c) Analyze common special design requests and determine a plan for standardization of the design.
d) Evaluate and identify special design requests for feasibility and alignment with business unit objectives.
e) Develop and execute solutions to complex field problems.
f) Negotiate with internal and external customers.
g) May participate in industry related associations.
h) Continually evaluate our competition to further enhance the company's market place, and use this knowledge to maintain the company's advantage in associated markets.
i) Participate in develop of training programs and present to internal and external customers.
j) May supervise direct reports within the department.
k) Assure contractual commitments to customers are met and the department achieves the highest standards of quality.
l) Minimizes the company’s exposure to risk on projects.
3. General management:
a) Develop and monitor budgets, goals and objectives to insure departmental profitability
b) Maintain communication with vendors and factory personnel concerning product application and available technology.
c) Generate sales leads; and promote and develop customer relationships; estimate and generate bids for contract projects/work
4*. Skills, Abilities and Qualifications: *
a) Must have high-level and broad spectrum of knowledge in commercial HVAC, and equipment application
b) Must have knowledge of electro-mechanical components and controls
c) Must have a valid driver's license and a clean abstract
d) Must be skilled in managing multiple priorities at same time without being overwhelmed
e) Must have experience supervising and training a team and must be able to demonstrate the same (on-site or remote)
f) Must have proficiency of computer applications: Microsoft Office, Internet, and any ERP program
g) Ability to accept assignments on notice as short as 1-2 weeks and work within strict deadlines
h) Ability to travel when necessary
i) Ability and willingness to learn and develop new skills, processes, and concepts as well as develop these skills in the team
· Driving Execution
· Aligning Performance for Success
· Delegation and Empowerment
· Building Partnerships
· Facilitating Change
· Inspiring Others
· Safety Advocacy
· Creating a culture of Trust
· Creating an Inclusive Environment
· Building Networks
· Talent Management
· Global Perspectives
· Customer-First Attitude
· A Will to Win
5. Physical Requirements:
· The physical demands of the job include bending and sitting for extended periods and the ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
6. Travel Required: Frequent day trips to the job-site
7. Benefits & Perks:
· Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
· 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
· Individual and Dependent Life Insurance
· Short- and Long-Term Disability
· Health Wellness Programs, including in-house flu shots and biometric screenings
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Training and professional development courses
· Opportunities for community outreach through internal networks
· A Generous Vacation/Holiday Package
· Mobile Phone
· Excellent earning opportunity with bonus structure
· Monthly vehicle allowance and fuel card.
Top pay in the industry
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $91,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- HVAC Equipment Design/Applications: 5 years (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place