We are currently seeking an individual to lead our Estimating and Systems Engineering department. Individual will supervise subordinate estimators and develop our estimating procedures and software.
Responsible for overseeing the design and bid procedures for high performance telecommunication infrastructure systems.
- Structured Cabling, Audio Visual, IP Video, and Wireless System Design (WIFI/DAS) capabilities
- AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Excel a must
- BIM/Revit a plus
- BICSI RCDD certification a plus
- Minimum 5 years previous design experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines type and quantity of materials to be installed.
- Inspects customer premises to ascertain location and space available for installation of materials.
- Prepares cost estimate for materials and installation and submits data to executive management for authorization.
- Orders materials, prepares installation specifications, and monitors progress of installation to ensure facilities are ready on specified date.
- Specifies environmental conditions required for cabling and installation of materials.
- Coordinates with other subcontractors in project implementation timelines.
- Specifies cable types, number of pairs, types of modular jacks, cross connects, hubs, intermediate distribution frames, and equipment racks.
- Creates cable plant diagrams and cable records designating and referencing all cables with their respective floor locations.
- Prepares floor plans of equipment arrangement for customer or architect approval.
- Maintains up-to-date records of cable systems, equipment inventory, spares, and floor plans.
- Reads technical manuals and brochures to determine equipment needs or system enhancements.
- Visits vendors and attends training to learn about available products, enhancements, and services.
Job Type: Full-time
- Design & Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off