Lose It! for iOS has been a staple of the App Store Health & Fitness category since 2009. Our product-first strategy has resulted in over 1 million monthly active iOS users that we’re able to help live healthier lives.
As a Software Engineer for iOS at Lose It!, you'll help design and build new features, products, and capabilities for our mobile app. We believe that small teams of talented people can do great things, so we're looking for someone that can contribute to all phases of building a great product.
- Actively participate within team and execute tactical efforts to create and maintain features products and capabilities Objective-C and Swift
- Squash bugs, solve problems, and adapt quickly to changes
- Be open to receiving feedback including peer code review and adapt quickly when needed
- Live the Lose It! Values every day
What do we look for in a team member?
- Someone who is motivated, wants to learn and can get things done with the support of the team
- Has knowledge of iOS platform and hands-on experience writing code (obtained through a degree, self-taught or coder camp)
- Consistently asks questions and shows ability to resolve problems effectively
Want to learn more about us beyond what you’re reading, come talk to us and find out first hand what it’s like to work at Lose It! We encourage you to reach out to some of our team members to learn more about us. We are open, transparent and honest about who we are.
How to Apply
At the core of our mission, benefits, and mindset, we are here to help our customers. If you’re ready to create great products with a real impact on real people, we may be the company for you. Send us an email with your resume.
What we have to offer
When we are together in the office, it’s in the heart of downtown Boston in a modern workspace which matches our personality. We have the energy of a start-up culture but with the stability of a profitable business with plans for the future. It’s never been a more exciting time to work in tech - come share in our success.
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a balanced approach to work and life. Here are some of our perks and benefits for full-time employees:
- 100% of monthly health, dental and vision care insurance premiums, less $1 nominal fee (50¢ per pay period) and an HRA component which pays 100% of any deductible amount
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & DCA)
- 401k plan and matching program
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Bonus Program
- Medical/Parental Leave benefits
- Generous paid time off, flexible hours and summer Fridays
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Casual dress code
- Frequent company outings and trips
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes and some office related benefits are currently not active and/or have shifted while employees are working remotely including the addition of a one time home office stipend to reimburse employees for equipment costs. While we would love to be back in the office soon, employee health is a priority for us. All employees will have the option to work remotely minimally through September 2021 and we will adjust that date if needed.
Employment at Lose It! is based solely on a person’s qualifications. Lose It! does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, ethnicity, partnership status, caregiver status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or union membership, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to maintaining a respectful work environment and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Violation of our Anti-harassment policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
We are currently hiring in Boston, MA
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19