Auto req ID:
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time:
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Vehicle Operations facility in York is our final assembly plant. Employees at York also perform a variety of manufacturing operations, including fabrication, welding, polishing and painting and produce a wide range of current and replacement parts for all models. Join our team as a Resident Engineer.
Join the Current Production Engineering team as an Electrical Resident Engineer. This role acts as the primary liaison between Product Engineering and manufacturing and is committed to supporting Motorcycle Operation quality and value improvement activities within engineering, service, marketing and manufacturing. The Resident Engineer provides technical expertise with regards to electrical and electromechanical motorcycle systems production at York Vehicle Operations and systems related to final vehicle programming and roll test. The role also leads design solutions to short-term problems and ensures related documentation is accurate, complete and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and resources to support product development, as it relates to improving quality of the production motorcycles as well as supporting work with the Roll Test system and the launch of new products.
- Analyze complex electrical or electromechanical systems as well as demonstrate skills with Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA).
- Engage with a team of engineers that are directing, performing, and brokering work as well as tracking and reporting on success of specific projects.
- Communicate current production issues to design engineers and others as appropriate.
- Colaborate with our global assembly plant engineering teams in Brazil and Thailand to help troubleshoot issues abroad.
- Direct design and development of quality and cost improvement activities. This includes externally brokered as well as internally supported design, developing and testing.
Bachelor's Degree Required
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, a degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. In addition, they will have demonstrated the following:
- Self-starting & self-directing with a pro-active approach to deliver great results
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical systems and software issues
- Knowledge and experienced around serial communication (CAN)
- Knowledge and experienced around Engineering test and vehicle diagnostics (UDS)
- Experience with designing, developing and delivering designs to production
- Experience with vehicle level electrical architecture and integration
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities up, down, and accross the organization
- Experience with Engineering Change Management and project management tools and principles
- Experience with PPAP reviews, Part Devation Notices (PDN’s) and Corrective Action Requests (CAR’s)
- Experience with design for manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience with risk mitigation APQP processes, including DFMEA, DVP&R, PFMEA and Control Plans
- Knowledge of other key systems and processes within Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials, Quality, Product Development and Service
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
0 - 10%
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance