About UFP Technologies:
UFP Technologies is an innovative designer and custom manufacturer of components, subassemblies, products, and packaging primarily for the medical market. Utilizing highly specialized foams, films and plastics, UFP converts raw materials through laminating, molding, radio frequency welding, and fabricating techniques. The Company is diversified by also providing highly engineered solutions to customers in the aerospace & defense, automotive, consumer, electronics and industrial markets.
The Manufacturing Engineer applies knowledge of continuous improvement to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, and cost-effectiveness. May design, or work with designers to refine product designs, to increase manufacturability, and decrease costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applies lean manufacturing techniques to reduce manufacturing waste.
- Conducts time studies and adjusts production standards as required.
- Provides direct production area support and identifies potential process improvements, efficiencies and safety issues. Continually monitors scrap rates and initiates projects to reduce scrap cost in manufacturing.
- Works with team leaders and production management to reviews shop order variances (material and labor) and initiates projects to eliminate variances and improve actual cost performance.
- Trains work cell team members in continuous improvement working with team leaders and production supervision to create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Prepares Work Instructions to communicate the proper set-up and operation of manufacturing processes to produce products which meet customer requirements.
- Trains production team members in the development and use of visual production tools to promote improvements to product quality and production efficiency,
- Collects and utilizes data to make data driven decisions.
- Provides reports summarizing problem solving and corrective action efforts to production teams and customers as required.
- Ability to assist in the design, install and troubleshoot basic manufacturing equipment such as jigs, fixtures and gages. Aids in executing IQ/OQ/PQ activities.
- Utilizes engineering methodologies to determine root cause of failures using statistical methods and recommends changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods.
- Prepares estimates and proposals for projects to aid in the approval of continuous improvement projects through knowledge of UFP manufacturing capabilities and appropriate materials selection.
- Submits capital projects for approval, as required.
- Prepares reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance.
- Trains production personnel in new or existing methodology.
- Supports new product transfer into production, working with our design team on new product designs to ensure that our processes are capable of meeting customer requirements.
Education / Experience:
- BS degree in engineering or relevant discipline; plus 5+ years in manufacturing engineering preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have knowledge of lean manufacturing and other continuous improvement manufacturing methodologies. Experience with GD&T, CAD, Minitab, MS Project strongly desired.
- Proven track record applying statistical analysis to develop and control processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing experience must include heavy emphasis on assembly operations, tooling evaluation, vendor qualification, facilities engineering and cost savings through process improvement.
- Basic Bridgeport, lathe and other machine shop equipment desired.
UFP Technologies, Inc. offers a full benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401K with a matching contribution, paid time off, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more!
UFP Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance