ABNA is currently seeking a Illinois Structural Engineer with an S.E. license to join our team of professionals in our Chicago Office. The ideal candidate should possess the ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment with exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills.
Responsibilities will be to contribute primarily in bridge design projects. Serving in a lead engineer role, including the planning, analysis, and design on bridge projects ranging from conventional to innovative bridge types. This includes performing structural design calculations, bridge design details and specifications development, as well as overseeing geometric layout for ensuring the successful execution and completion of services that may include the following:
- Structural analysis and preparation of design calculations.
- Management of structural analysis and design, load rating of roadway and rail bridges, and contract document preparation (plans, specifications, and estimate) for design/build and conventional bridge projects.
- Developing structural details and construction plans using Microstation, Geopak or AutoCAD.
- Geometric layout, construction specification development and material quantity calculations.
- Bridge condition inspections and preparation of inspection reports.
- Monitoring Budgets, Schedules, client management and Quality
- Some travel is required.
- 15-20 years’ experience Civil / Structural Engineering
- IDOT & Illinois Tollway experience a must
- Professional Engineer (PE) Illinois
- Structural Engineer (SE) Required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MicroStation and AutoCAD desired.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to manage projects from preliminary planning through completion.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: Competitive & Commensurate with Experience
Opportunity to participate in Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other benefits after standard eligibility requirements are met.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,324.00 - $132,140.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
All employees and visitors are required to wear face coverings while in the office and while in the presence of any individuals. Additionally, COVID Questionnaires are required to be completed by all visitors and employees.
- MicroStation: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- IDOT & Illinois Tollway: 1 year (Required)
- Professional Engineer License (Required)
- Structural Engineer License (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place