Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
Our organization needs faster answers with more clarity. This means timely access to core business information in an accessible format. Key categories of information include: squads (who is on what squad, what they are working on, how are their agile practices going, etc.), value drops (what are we delivering when, do we have enough capacity to deliver on our commitments, etc.), finance (how much money do we have, how are we spending it, where are further investments in capacity needed), etc.
Who you will work with
Come work with us! Our Digital Dash team is leading the charge on this effort. We craft, build, and maintain dashboards that integrate information from disparate sources to support clarity on the facts on the ground for leadership at all levels.
What you will work on
Data Design & Visualization Engineer will play a key role within our team to define business questions with business partners, design processes to collect the data to answer those questions, inform the schema and structure of it, analyze it to generate insights, and communicate the insights in an appropriate visualization or report. Think Data Scientist meets Data Designer meets Data Visualizer! In this role, you will help our team harness information to support strategic decisions.
Design, execute, and manage data dashboard projects, including proofs of concept (POCs) and minimum viable products (MVPs) that solve for business problems using data transparency and shared metrics.
- Defining requirements: Collaborate with partners (including senior executives) to distill what decision-makers need to make informed choices. This includes identifying core data requirements to support data engineering, analysis, and information design
- Data collection: Figure out what data sources are relevant to effort, assess their data integrity, and align partners to gain appropriate access to that data
- Change management: When data does not exist in a usable format to answer the problem at hand, design and implement processes with partners to gather data that supports analysis
- Data management: Collaborate with the team’s Data Engineer to design and validate data architecture and governance, and lead data integrity audits and process design/execution for cleanup as needed
- Data analysis: Conduct exploratory analysis to uncover patterns in the data, and targeted analysis to report on key metrics
- Data communication: Determine appropriate means to convey findings (dashboards, reports, presentations) to various audiences across many levels of the org and across the technical spectrum; design wire frames to clarify business problems, then build and maintain deliverables views (team uses Tableau for dashboards)
- Project management: Collaborate with Digital Dash team to refine team backlog, scope, and size work, and share in communication and administrative tasks for projects/initiatives
What you bring to Nike
- Masters’ or Bachelors' degree, preferring coursework in Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, or a related field, or 5+ years of demonstrated work experience as a data analyst
- 3+ years of demonstrated work experience in data-centric projects
- 3+ years of experience in large-scale software company environment with disparate data source landscape
- 3+ years of experience in Agile & Scrum methodology (familiarity with Jira preferred)
- Experience designing and executing data visualizations in industry-standard software packages (e.g., Tableau, Apptio, R)
- Experience with and understanding of AWS and related services preferred (e.g., EC2, S3, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, SQS, SNS, Lambda, Airflow, Snowflake)
- Experience with projects in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline team environment
- Additional experience in graphics editing software (e.g., Sketch), data science & analytics software (e.g., Alteryx), and solid understanding of SQL is ideal (but not required)
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.