A career at Kentucky Trailer - regardless of the facility or department - starts with commitment. From the executive leadership team through the ranks, associates commit to an ethic of hard work and a mission to produce the highest quality product in the industry.
Kentucky Trailer, in turn commits to harboring a family-friendly environment where associates can excel. This atmosphere of mutual respect allows the individual to thrive, as evidenced by many associates who have made a lifetime career with the company. Associates work alongside the most talented and knowledgeable people in the trailer industry.
Kentucky Trailer believes in strengthening tomorrow's modern manufacturing leaders. We encourage people of all ages who are wanting to pursue a successful career to contact Kentucky Trailer.
Kentucky Trailer is a Servant Leader Company. We are driven to be the best in the world at design, build and service solutions for specialty trailer, custom transport and mobilized business markets.
This position will support new product development and cost reduction efforts from engineering design improvement ideas. The Engineer will create drawings, specifications, and bills of material for manufacturing operations, vendors, and end users. This person will also perform structural, electrical, and buildability analysis during the design process. The Engineer will work hands-on as part of the Kentucky Trailer Corporate R&D Engineering Team, and will work under the guidance of the Sr. Director of Research and Development.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Develop prototypes, manage and/or perform experiments using Design of Experiments (DOE), research new materials, etc…
- Perform Finite Element Analysis to refine and validate trailer designs.
- Perform cost studies to justify the implementation of the project prior to commitment of resources.
- Support the product design effort, to include drawing and bill of material creation, technical support, research and development, order processing, interacting with internal departments, and servicing dealers and end customers.
- Develop new products and/or improve current products using experience, judgment and sound engineering principles.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities that provide cost reduction opportunities suitable to the company’s capabilities and long-range strategic plan.
- Serves as technical expert on specialized projects or programs.
- Create necessary product documentation.
- Provide mentoring for less experienced engineers.
- Minimum education of Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 15 yrs. design experience in manufacturing environment (testing, and cost reduction experience is preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office (experience with Infor/Syteline ERP system, EPDM or Meridian Engineering Content Manger systems; Inventor, or other 3D CAD systems is a plus).
- Demonstrated proficiency in structural design
- Well-developed understanding of 12v electrical lighting systems
- Ability to work jointly with Engineering, other intra-company departments, and customers
- Ability to understand technical documents
- Good attention to detail
Throughout our company and in all interactions, Kentucky Trailer Associates choose to be-
Patient, demonstrating self-control
Kind, giving encouragement and appreciation to others
Humble, without arrogance or pretense
Respectful, treating others as important individuals
Selfless, focusing on the needs of others
Forgiving, letting go of resentment when wronged
Honest, free of deception
Committed, honoring the choices we make
The KT Way Brings Servant Leadership to Life at Kentucky Trailer
Fundamental Irreplaceable Behavior Values:
Interpersonal Skills :
Easy to get along with. Treats all people with dignity and respect. Always approachable, never rude. Aware of and sensitive to what other people are feeling. Is at ease with people at all levels. Does not belittle the opinions or work of other people, regardless of their status or position. Deals effectively with a diverse workforce. Demonstrates a high degree of “emotional intelligence.” Truly values and genuinely likes people. Treats others as important person. Serves others.
Ethics and Integrity :
Admits mistakes in spite of the potential for negative consequences. Presents unpleasant or disagreeable facts in an appropriate manner. Keeps promises; meets goals and deadlines. Avoids situations and associations that could be considered inappropriate. Honest in all dealings. Upholds and models organization’s values. Does what you say you will do. Is forgiving when feeling mistreated.
Business Demeanor / Temperament :
Displays a positive attitude and optimism about the work to be done, the people he or she works with, customers, management, and company policies. Has a constructive sense of humor. Maintains a calm temperament and pleasant demeanor. Shows self-control. Does not spread gossip or rumors. Acts as a positive influence on others. Is courteous, cooperative, and helpful. Is humble, never boastful, or arrogant.
Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of his/her work. Acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Does not make excuses or blame others for errors or problems. Carries his/her fair share of the workload. Does what he/she commits to doing.