Forest Lake, MN
Looking for a great opportunity to combine your Design experience and your passion for Continuous Improvement with a global manufacturing company? We are looking for a Design Engineer to help upgrade the manufacturing processes for an industry leading company in the Twin Cities Metro!
This position reports to the Engineering Manager and will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Working in an environment with a lot of autonomy, minimal levels of leadership to go through to get things done!
- Designing complex assemblies and partnering with outside contractors to take additional manufacturing process from manual to automated
- Programming and maintaining design layouts, parts assembly and drawing files in SolidWorks
- Applying engineering principles to design projects
- Presenting budgeted estimates and ROI for implementing new automation concepts
- Partnering on cross functional teams to resolve manufacturing, design and quality issues
- Developing and test alternate designs and manufacturing methods to drive improvement
- Investigating equipment failures and making recommendations to prevent future failures
- Partnering with the Quality department to integrate automated testing processes
An excellent candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5 years’ experience designing complex assemblies in a manufacturing environment
- 3D Design software experience, Solidworks preferred
- Proven track record of driving improvements on the manufacturing floor
- Proven ability to stay in formatted on cutting edge technology
- Strong interpersonal skills, hunger to learn and grow
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10%)
Your success in this highly visible role will position you for advancement opportunities within this growing organization.
Interested? Please apply below! Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org; referencing Job ID# mr2975.