Tetra Tech Inc. is currently seeking a full-time, mid-level Engineer for our Fort Collins, CO office.
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The selected candidate will provide engineering and general technical support for environmental assessment and remediation projects related to natural and anthropogenic radionuclide contamination. The candidate will also support sediment transport modeling and hydraulic modeling. Knowledge of surface water and groundwater interactions a plus.
Utilize environmental monitoring statistics for large scale multi-media site characterizations at remote abandoned mine sites throughout the U.S.
Evaluate and interpret sampling data, prepare technical reports with supporting data presented in graphs, charts, and maps when applicable. The candidate will assist with project planning and health and safety planning and oversight.
Apply both U.S. EPA and U.S. NRC regulations and guidance documents for purposes of site characterization, including but not limited to CERCLA, RCRA, MARSSIM, and MARLAP. Candidate must have the ability and desire to work independently and must be interested in assisting with business development proposal efforts.
Recommend adaptations and modifications of scientific or engineering methods using independent judgment.
Work will include multi-media sampling, field audits and inspections, organizing and reviewing data, preparing reports, contractor oversight, and related services. Broader activities will include response, assessment and evaluation services (RAES).
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of practical engineering experience in performing the responsibilities listed above. You will have/be:
- Experience in providing engineering support for environmental assessment and remediation projects.
- Experience in sediment transport modeling using the revised universal soil loss equation is a plus.
- Experience in modeling surface water and groundwater interactions is a plus.
- GIS data analysis and knowledge of geostatistics, coding (VBA, Python, etc.), and data management skills preferred.
- Familiarity with naturally occurring radioactive materials (NORM) and technologically enhanced natural occurring radioactive materials (TENORM) in uranium mining, oil and gas, or other industries is a plus.
- Highly motivated, customer focused, and work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated professional and team-oriented approach to work.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and travel up to 25% of the time.
- Excellent communication, client interaction, and organizational skills is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Native American culture or language is a strong plus.
- Degree in civil, environmental engineering or a related engineering field is required.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER/8-hour refresher or ICS related training a plus.
- PE license is not required, but desirable.
You must be able to carry field equipment (30 to 40 pounds) and don personal protective gear as needed. Work will be conducted in outdoor areas during all seasons, in all weather conditions (heat, rain, etc). Candidate must also meet physical demands of hazardous waste site work. The position also requires periodic travel to local and regional client sites.
About Tetra Tech:
- This position requires you to drive on a regular basis and will require passing a motor vehicle record (MVR) background check.
- You must be able to access U.S. military bases.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.