Our client is a major refinery in the Gulf Coast area serving the fuel transportation and aviation fuel needs of the United States. They operate an integrated network of strategic assets that creates and sells refined petroleum products, from feedstock acquisition to wholesale, commercial and retail sales outlets. They are looking for a MECHANICAL ENGINEER who has experience with Fired Heater Revamp and Repair projects in their Belle Chasse, LA refinery.
The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the Project Manager (PM) and provide technical expertise and leadership in the development of refinery fired heater revamp projects ranging from $5 MM to $55MM. This position will work closely with other contract engineering firms, owner discipline engineering subject matter experts (SME’s), inspection, operations and maintenance team.
- Coordination of multidiscipline engineering teams in meeting project objectives. Main responsibility will be for multiple Fired Heater Revamp and Repair projects.
- Action resolution; facilitate and provide mechanical engineering expertise.
- Effectively facilitate, champion and coordinate operations, maintenance and turnaround team’s involvement to ensure project operability and maintainability
- Effectively champion and facilitate project value improving practices including safety in design, value engineering, constructability, operability and maintainability.
- Facilitate and contribute to process safety management process and procedures including management of change and Process Hazards Analysis
- Solicit input from subject matter experts as required to ensure project compliance to Refinery Engineering Practices.
- As needed, initiate and facilitate deviations.
- Effectively facilitate, coordinate and document review meetings and technical proceedings
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experienced with mechanical and piping revamp work within oil refining or petrochemical environment
- Experienced with mechanical fired heater revamp and repairs.
- 5+ years of oil refining or chemical experience
- Working knowledge of API 560 Fired Heater Standards as well as ASME B 31.3 (Process Piping), ASME Section 8 (Pressure Vessels)
- Familiar with Welding technology / metallurgy
- Has clearly demonstrated strong engineering competence and critical problem-solving skills in team work environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Energetic, self-starter that works well and interacts well within a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications; Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Must maintain a current valid driver's license
- Must currently hold or be able to qualify to receive a Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card
- Construction field engineering experience in turnaround environments highly preferred
Apply now for immediate and confidential consideration!