We are a manufacturing company that designs and builds food packaging equipment. We are currently seeking a motivated, hardworking Electrical Automation Engineer.
The Electrical Automation Engineer will lead the design, development, and testing of electrical control systems for food packaging equipment and machinery. This engineer is responsible for the electrical design, PLC and Motion Control programming, testing, and debugging of equipment prior to shipment. The successful candidate is a Champion of program standardization and serves as gatekeeper for programming templates for the various machine types.
- BSEE or comparable technical degree in electrical, automation, or controls engineering
- PLC and Motion Control programming, testing, and debugging experience
- Motion Control devices including A/B, Danaher, Copley stepper/servo motors and drives
- Electrical design and layout experience including power distribution, I/O devices, sensors, etc.
- Understanding of domestic and international electrical codes (NEC, NFPA79, IEC60204-1, UL508A)
- Understanding of mechanics and basic mechanical skills
- Hands on troubleshooting skills
- Support of new or problem installations
- Provide Tier 3 Technical Support for the service department
- Technical writing, procedures and manuals
- ERP, CAD and MS Office familiarity
- Willingness to travel domestically and some internationally - up to 25% (15% overnight, 10% local)
- Understands and maintains proper engineering procedures and is able to maintain complete and accurate engineering documentation of all projects (scope of work, meeting notes, customer correspondence, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work with customers, vendors, other engineers, machinists, assemblers, wiremen, technicians and supervisors
- Serves as a mentor to others to reinforce the importance of the use of standard programming templates as a basis for Packaging Progressions Inc. PLC, HMI, and Drive programming
- Ability to listen, influence, and motivate
- Ability to summarize information and communicate effectively with customers/vendors via email, phone calls and face-to-face visits.
- Good oral / written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to identify opportunities for improvement and make suggestions for change
- Able to cooperate well with all departments
- Must be highly detail oriented; attentive to accuracy and neatness
- Displays diplomacy and the ability to work effectively with customers, vendors, and other departments
- Demonstrates cooperation and willingness to take instruction
- High degree of flexibility and willingness to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks
- Displays enthusiasm and a positive attitude
Daily Routines Include:
- Electrical cabinet design and electrical component selection.
- PLC and Motion Control programming of equipment.
- Test/de-bug machines prior to shipment.
- Complete final commissioning checklist for machines.
- Assist Service Team with remote troubleshooting support.
- Assist Materials Team with electrical component questions/support.
- Responsible for gatekeeping duties as related to PLC, HMI, and Drive programs in EPDM.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- PLC and Motion Control: 2 years (Required)
- Automation Field: 6 years (Required)