This full-time position is in Roseville, Michigan and reports to our Tooling Manager. Travel will be required to customer, tooling supplier sites and to our manufacturing plants when needed.
We are looking for a Tooling Engineer who brings a minimum of 5 years of experience in a related field (including injection molding and injection tool validation.)
The ideal candidate has excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook and an ability to interpret data (design, dimensional, etc.)
Other skills required include strong verbal and written communication skills, being detailed and organized, and working well with all levels of the organization.
· Track tool finances and timelines
· Coordinate Engineering change timing and cost (MVC or Customer)
· Coordinate and track part and tool design development to ensure all required inputs are achieved prior to kicking off the tool shop
· Provide Tooling summary to Program Management
· Facilitate communication between Program Management, Process Engineering and affiliated tooling shops
· Attend Tool Tryouts - Travel required
· Facilitate preliminary quoting with tooling shops
· Develop/Improve tool design process to reduce correction loops with the Manufacturing Facility
· Maintain and develop positive relationships with suppliers and customers.
· Communicate issues and solutions proactively so suppliers and customers are included and confident.
· Develop and review manufacturing procedures, quality standards and related documents.
· Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, design concepts, tool drawings, etc., in a
· timely fashion, throughout the launch process.
· Communicate proactively and professionally with the MVC team and external customers.
· Work closely with other departments to optimize workflow and assurance of product quality.
· Provide effective status reports and lead productive meetings.
· Injection Molding Tooling Experience
· Basic MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Automotive Experience - Manufacturing of Plastic parts
· Basic CAD experience
· Understanding of Mold Flow Experience
Working conditions in the manufacturing area may require personal protective equipment. All employees must be able to wear the required personal protective equipment and are expected to comply with the safety policies and practices. The company observes and complies with all federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations associated with this job.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
We offer a competitive salary and a benefits program including:
· Competitive Annual Salary Based on Experience
· Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
· Company-Matched 401K, Company-Paid Life Insurance Policy, LTD, STD
· Paid Holidays and Vacation
· Company Cell Phone
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative