INJECTION MOLDING PROJECT ENGINEER
Manages and qualifies new assets to produce products that meet customer specifications. Manages all project activities from project handover from sales to full system approval for new assets to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Leads injection mold tool builds and validation, as well as specialized equipment and automation builds
- Develops tooling and automation specifications
- Determines, quotes and presents solutions to support unique customer requests
- Creates and performs validations of equipment and processes for use in producing medical components
- Support other Project Engineers in a matrix environment
- Assist Sales ad Marketing with generating proposals
- Assist manufacturing with equipment and automation troubleshooting
- Support manufacturing with customer complaint investigations and corrective action implementation
- Capable of traveling to meet with customers and suppliers as necessary
- Minimum 4 year Engineering degree, or any acceptable combination of education, training and experience which provides the required the skills and abilities, and adequate math skills to support the position
- Minimum 2-years experience in Quality Control, with knowledge of methods, practices and principals used in the inspection of plastic parts
- Training in Moldflow, and Scientific Processing, as well as RJG Master Molder training and/or Beaumont AIM will be necessary.
- Possess knowledge of the methods, practices and principles used in mold and process qualifications
- Experience with continuous improvement: SPC, DOE, FEMA
- Must be fluent in English; read, write and speak
- Advanced computer skills
- Strong and diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, materials, manufacturing and quality.
- Self-starter must be able to work with little direction and with a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to manage multiple start-up projects.
- Demonstrated superior communication (written and verbal), teamwork, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and recommend options.
- Ability to lead others, responsibility may include indirect supervision of process technicians.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and is only intended to describe the general nature of the work. All job responsibilities are considered to be essential job functions. Carclo Technical Plastics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. All candidates must satisfactorily pass pre-employment drug and background screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Do you have the necessary current forms of identification required to satisfy I-9 verification of eligibility to work in the U.S.?
- Injection Molding: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location