We are looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must possess manual dexterity and physical stamina
Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep raking leaves, collecting trash etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facilities or maintenance manager for issues
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is required
- Maintains hotel, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools.
- Replaces air conditioner filters.
- Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment.
- May tend furnace, air conditioner, and boiler to provide heat, cool air, and hot water for guests.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties in guest rooms.
- Record and log preventative room maintenance in order to be in compliance with brand standards.
- Respond to all alarm systems in the hotel including but not limited to fire panel, pool, radio emergencies.
- Read pool chemical levels, maintain chemical levels according to the pool safety guidelines, and record pool settings as necessary.
- Read and maintain proper pool temperatures per pool safety guidelines and the needs of the guests.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Mechanical knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)