The Dynamics Engineer falls under the Dynamics team within the CORE engineering group at Virgin Hyperloop One. The Dynamics Engineer will be responsible for modeling and analyzing the dynamics, loads, and performance of Hyperloop subsystems. As part of the Dynamics team, you will help maintain and develop in-house subsystem dynamics and controls simulation tools focused on vehicle flight, as well as utilize co-simulation with commercial multibody dynamics software for multi-domain analysis. You will also be responsible for the generation of engineering data to inform the design of subsystems, such as structural design, controller design, and failure mode analysis. Participation is expected in design reviews, product benchmarking, and overall system optimization studies.
- Maintain and develop in-house MATLAB/Simulink tools to model vehicle flight and subsystem dynamic behavior.
- Perform rigorous verification and documentation of in-house models.
- Utilize co-simulation with MATLAB/Simulink and commercial software for high-fidelity, multi-domain results.
- Work closely with Hyperloop subsystem teams (vehicle structures, track and civil structures, aerodynamics, electromechanical actuator development, controls, etc.) to accurately model their subsystem.
- Provide subsystem teams with engineering data to guide designs (structural loads, controller performance, power distribution, rider comfort, failure analyses, etc.)
- Make recommendations on the test campaigns for verification of dynamics analysis tools and studies.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Enjoys developing efficient and novel solutions to challenging engineering problems.
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills and can work collaboratively with many other teams.
- Excellent communication (oral, written, presentation), interpersonal, and time-management and organizational skills.
- Strives to develop code for computational efficiency for fast simulation time and can follow set coding guidelines
- Can work quickly, efficiently, and independently on a tight schedule.
- Master's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or similar field, or a bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
- Excellent knowledge of time domain and frequency domain analyses (harmonic, PSD, Laplace, discrete Fourier).
- Excellent understanding of engineering first principles in multiple domains (structural, electrical, aerodynamics, thermal, controls, etc.).
- Experience developing and analyzing multi-domain dynamic simulations in MATLAB/Simulink.
Proficiency in one or more of the following:
- PhD in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or similar field.
- Experience maintaining a database for tracking simulation results.
- Co-simulation using Simulink and commercial software tools
- Model certification and verification.
- Code generation and controls certification standards, such as EN50128.
- System identification and development of appropriate test suites.
- FMEA and failure statistics.
- Nonlinear system optimization techniques and software.
- Experience with one or more of the following CAE suites: Simcenter NX Pre/Post/Motion/Response Dynamics, NX NASTRAN, FEMAP, ANSYS, MSC PATRAN, MSC ADAMS, or Simulia Simpack.
- Nonlinear constrained multibody dynamics principles and analysis.
- Structural dynamics and vibration analysis and loads generation.
- Controls principles for design and modeling.
- Controls modeling and design (continuous and discrete).
- State estimation and sensor modeling techniques.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the "Ban the Box" legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here. ( http://www.greenhouse.io/privacy-policy )
To all recruitment agencies:
Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.