We are seeking an individual with a construction background who possess the skills of estimating and drafting plans for internal design/build use. This is a hybrid position to support our pre-construction department. There is no requirement of a licensed engineer for this particular position.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Generate proposal information, and participate in customer presentations, on an as-requested basis.
- Develop varying levels of budgets for assigned projects.
- Visit project sites, as required, at the front-end of the pre-construction phase to garner information regarding the project site, qualified local vendor contacts, applicable unit rates, AHJ requirements, etc.
- Generate a vendor bidding list for each GMP budget, including qualified vendors that are local and/or regional to each project location, such that we are able to garner a minimum of 3 vendor bids for each scope-of-work.
- Collaborate with the design team during the vendor bidding phase to respond to RFI’s, as well as organize RFI responses into addendums.
- Complete quantity take-offs as necessary to identify quantities of materials and/or building assemblies for each project.
- Collaborate with Project Managers in the development of project-specific vendor scopes-of-work.
- Receive, organize, and qualify vendor proposals for assigned projects.
- Lead the vendor Pre-qualification Process for your assigned projects, with assistance from Project Construction.
- Generate presentation-grade bid-tab spreadsheets for use in owner presentation, if necessary.
- Design and produce plans using Revit computer drafting.
- Ability to adjust and modify plans with feedback from clients and team members.
- Ability to understand and apply architectural design principals.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Collaborate with the project team regarding value engineering efforts required to achieve project budget goals.
- Assist, implement, and execute project related responsibilities.
- Candidates must possess strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Travel to specific jobsites as necessary.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering preferred, but not required.
- Must have a minimum of 2+ years’ of Revit experience.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of relevant safety equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote safety for the protection of people and property on the job-site.
About Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc:
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is a privately held well-recognized and highly-respected commercial construction company in La Crescent, MN. We credit our dedicated team of 150+ employees for 25 plus years of success. We are committed to strong core values that are reinforced in everything that we do. If you are interested in joining an organization that rewards individual initiative and promotes career development through life-long learning visit us at www.wieserbrothers.com.
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. offers competitive wages based on education and work experience. We also offer a highly competitive benefits program that includes a 401(k) plan, profit sharing, health, life, and dental insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, paid time off (PTO) and holiday pay.
Wieser Brothers General Contractor, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age. EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location