Design Integrity is a new product design and development consulting firm located in Chicago. We recently celebrated our 23rd anniversary. Our core values promote a positive team culture where our mission is to collaborate with our clients to develop new and innovative products from concept through production and market launch.
Our firm has expanded to include significant electro-mechanical and IoT projects. This has created opportunities for us to increase our staffing levels. We are currently looking for an electrical systems engineer with hardware and software experience to help our team to develop new electrical systems from concept through production launch.
Ideal candidates are talented, innovative, and hard-working individuals who prefer to work in a fast-paced environment where they will see a wide variety of product categories and challenges.
Our culture is collaborative, creative, and professional. Our team members all love new product design and development, and we love taking on new challenges.
- Collaborate effectively with internal mechanical engineering, industrial designers, and marketing team managers as well as client contracts across all departments.
- Design products and systems while meeting project schedule and budget milestones.
- Create Systems, Hardware and Software architectures based on the client’s requirements.
- Develop concepts and design specifications and present them in design reviews.
- Develop new firmware and software.
- Participate in other project design reviews and provide design feedback for other team members.
- Assist business development team with sales activities including sales calls, client communications, project budget estimating, proposal writing and closing of contracts.
- Contact with clients on various technical and project management topics.
- Project management responsibility on mid-sized to large projects with cross-functional team members around the country and world.
- BSEE degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in design and development of new electrical hardware, firmware and/or software.
- Experience designing and developing new electrical and electro-mechanical products.
- Solid understanding of analog and digital systems, including control and sensor systems.
- Design new electrical hardware including custom PCBs, power management components (AC/DC), displays, etc.
- Board design and schematic capture experience a plus (Altium preferred)
- Ideal candidate has extensive experience and technical knowledge in the field of electrical system design from concept to production, including some of the following areas: control systems, power, motor controls, various microprocessor platforms, battery management, WiFi, Bluetooth, firmware, embedded systems, displays, sensors, and common software applications.
- Fast learner with the ability to navigate new technologies.
- Innovative thinker open to trying new things.
- Strong presentation and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills necessary to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Proven analytical skills, innovative thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter / motivated / multitasker.
- Familiar with hardware and software architectures and implementations.
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus.
- Familiar with embedded systems including OS/RTOS development.
- Experience developing in Linux.
- BLE and WIFI experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of IoT strategies, standards, and protocols.
- Familiarity with I2C, SPI, USB, CAN Bus, and industrial communications.
- Layout new system architectures that meet product requirements.
- Experience with submitting a product for compliance testing a definite plus (FCC, UL, CE)
- Oversee fabrication, assembly, integration, and debugging of rapid prototypes using various hardware platforms (custom PCBs, Arduino kits, Raspberry Pi, Beagle Bone, etc.).
- Develop system / functional requirements and specifications.
- Strong experience in rapid prototype hardware development and iteration.
- Experience writing firmware.
- Design of FPGA algorithms and code a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Extensive Covid safety precautions in place. Most staff working from home most days until pandemic is well under control.
- Electrical engineering: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location