Marine Engineer (Mechanical, Structural or Electrical)
Tridentis is a privately held small business focused on providing naval architecture, marine engineering, program management and logistics services to the US Navy, USCG and USMC in addition to other federal agencies. Tridentis is headquartered in Washington DC and has offices in Baltimore MD, Norfolk VA, Bremerton WA and Kona HI. In addition to providing engineering services to the federal government, Tridentis has a subsidiary, Advanced Marine Vehicles that is entirely focused on designing, developing and building autonomous marine vehicles. Tridentis is committed to maintaining our ability to maintain an agile company, with a flat organizational structure while achieving long term consistent growth.
As a rapidly growing small business, we are looking for experienced engineers who are able to provide quality deliverables and help grow our business. We are looking for Mechanical Engineers to support our US Navy clients at our Washington DC office.
We are looking for our engineers to perform calculations within their discipline, interact with our clients, assist with developing drawings, and work within their teams to provide quality deliverables.
If you also have excellent people skills, US Navy marine engineering experience, exemplary work ethic and an excellent understanding of the US navy, we’d like to meet you.
- Manage drawing development of complex systems on US Navy surface vessels.
- Perform engineering calculations necessary to develop drawings.
- Work across engineering disciplines to make sure our designs are fully integrated.
- Perform ship checks across the globe.
- Track deliverables
- Perform quality assurance
- Design marine systems and develop drawings in AutoCAD.
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Assist the PM in business development and customer relations
- Proven experience as an Engineer performing work on USN, USCG, or USMC projects.
- Existing knowledge and understanding of industry practices and requirements.
- Must be technology-focused with a good background using and implementing technology into business processes
- Proven history developing drawings in AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BS/BE in Engineering; MS is a plus
- The ability to get and maintain a security clearance is a must.
A successful Engineer at Tridentis will be one that helps us improve our corporate operations, successfully manages projects and assists with growing our organization.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Required)
- USN: 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (Required)