Develop and implement optimal manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Research, develop, and implement machine designs and controls to improve productivity and reduce production cost.
1) Collaborate with other members of Machine Design to rebuild and upgrade current machines and controls.
2) Design, develop and implement new fixtures and assembly/inspection equipment to reduce costs and increase throughput.
3) Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency.
4) Provide technical support as required to improve machine up-time.
5) Research current trends in automation for ways to improve process efficiency.
6) Coordinate equipment builds and upgrades with either internal resources or external companies.
7) Communicate effectively with internal and external customers and respond promptly to their inquiries.
8) Collaborate with Product Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing departments to determine feasibility of automating current manual processes.
1) Lead projects and interface with sales, manufacturing, quality and the engineering test lab
2) Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications
3) Perform other duties as assigned
1) Three to 5 years’ experience in machine design and development, preferred.
2) BS in Engineering required.
3) Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
4) Strong work ethic, ability to work independently, as a team member and a team leader
5) Highly motivated, self-starter
6) PLC programming experience preferred.
7) Experience in pneumatic, electronic control systems.
8) Experience utilizing vision systems and robotics in automated assembly and test systems preferred.
9) Excellent writing, presentation, communication and organizational skills
10) The ability to work under pressure
11) Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly, and production equipment
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We have implemented all the precautions recommended by the CDC, which include gloves, masks, temperature checks and social distancing in all areas.
- Machine Design: 5 years (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)