The Morrell Group serves the world with highly engineered solutions, premier components, and complete product and process life-cycle support.
For more than 40 years, we have grown our business on a solid foundation of customer service. Our sales approach is one of consultation. We work with you to consider all of the specifications and all of the options to ensure the best solutions. Our experience in manufacturing, coupled with our knowledge of full-system integration, allows us to serve you as a single-source solution for all your requirements.
We are seeking an Industrial Sales Engineer in the Indianapolis, IN area.
Job Type: Full-Time
The primary responsibilities include:
- Provide innovative solutions to customers resulting in the development and growth of customer accounts
- Build relationships through consultative selling of products and services by working directly with our manufacturing customers to assess and solve their application needs using our products.
- Establish long-term business relationships with customers by assessing their automation needs in person and over the phone.
- Grow new and existing accounts by selling a well-balanced mix of product lines within the following technology categories: Motion Control, Power Transmission, Safety Sensors, Vision, Hydraulics, and Pneumatics.
- Plan and perform customer sales calls, assess customer needs, prepare customer quotes, close orders, and follow up on all related activities.
- Provide coverage of assigned accounts and build strong relationships with new and existing customers identifying and responding promptly to their needs.
- Inform customers of available products by anticipating their needs and introducing new products.
- Develop a deeper knowledge of Morrell products on a continuous basis by attending related training sessions to enhance sales and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, high-energy sales talent who possesses excellent customer relations/sales skills, technical automation problem-solving capabilities, as well as a proven successful sales career.
- Strong technical background coupled with the desire for a people-oriented position and a strong professional sales drive.
- Ability to evaluate product applications, assist customers with product scope, technical description, proposals, and project management.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems related to the automation industry as well as, comparable Morrell product lines such as drives, motors, sensors, etc.
- Interest in using technical knowledge and relationship building skills to sell and manage a sales territory.
- Ability to work independently, possessing excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Ability to travel to off-site business and customer locations.
- Engineering degree preferred but will consider a business degree with exceptional credentials in automation or fluid power.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Sales.
*Morrell LLC offers a competitive salary, commission and bonus, 401k, health, dental, vision, long-term disability, and life insurance, paid holidays and vacations.
*Morrell Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $250,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development Assistance
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance