Building Engineer Opportunity in Carlsbad & San Marcos
Premier Southwest Regional Engineering Services Company Seeks Building Engineer looking to join a fast growing team. Excellent benefits, great opportunities for advancement in a dynamic environment.
We are seeking a Building Engineer for a position in a Prestigious Class “A” Multi-Use Portfolio of properties. These properties are located in the Carlsbad & San Marcos Areas.
We are committed to providing our customers with an exemplary service to operate and maintain their properties in a Class “A” condition. Building Engineer position was established to provide these services at complex properties that require full time multiple engineering staff.
To accomplish this mission, the Building Engineer’s duties are to operate, monitor, and maintain the design criteria of the buildings operating systems and grounds. The Building Engineer shall be the acting liaison between property and its manager, and they shall provide the following for their assigned projects:
Principal Job Duties:
Strong technical expertise and mechanical/electrical system knowledge is required for this position along with good communication skills. Minimum 5+ years’ experience with Central Plant Operation, Water Source Heat Pump systems, Cooling Towers, Boilers, CMMS,BMS/EMS, Switchgear, Electrical Controls, Lighting, Plumbing, General Maintenance, & Vendor Management. Knowledge of Local Codes, ADA, and OSHA is a requisite. Candidates must be fully competent with Microsoft Office Suite.
Assist with the preparation of annual reporting on emerging technologies for cost or energy saving enhancements and provide consultation on an as needed basis on equipment or system failures or issues requiring in depth of industry knowledge.
· Prepare, maintain and regularly review logs for repair, service, operation and complaints related to the equipment.
· Provide building owner with copies of engineering daily logs and periodic management reports.
· Supply building owner with recommendations for improvements and increased efficiency in the operation of the equipment.
· The overall safe operation and maintenance of all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and life safety equipment.
· Required to generate monthly reports on the operation of building systems, budget impact items, and upcoming projects.
· Coordinate vendors and T.I. construction and various projects.
· Oversight of any other company personnel working at the building.
Key Operations and Maintenance Duties:
HVAC Maintenance and Operations, Central plant operations, Cooling tower maintenance, Water treatment systems, Air handlers operations and maintenance, Boiler systems, Air balancing, Plumbing, Domestic water supply repairs and troubleshooting, Storm systems repairs and troubleshooting, Sewer system analysis and repair, Irrigation system repairs and operation, Electrical Supply and Distribution Systems, Re-lamping, Lighting system retrofits, Emergency power supply system maintenance and troubleshooting. Curb painting and traffic control device installations and maintenance, Roof drain repairs and maintenance, General Building Maintenance, Property inspections and reporting, Inventory control of repair components, Access hardware repairs and maintenance (doors, gates, etc., Ceiling tile replacement, Cosmetic wall repairs and painting, removal and cleaning of graffiti, FLS Systems Operation and Maintenance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $27.00 per hour
- Building Maintenance: 4 years (Preferred)
- Water Source Heat Pump: 4 years (Preferred)
- EPA Universal Certification (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible