Manager of Vessel Operations - Coastal Transport Limited
Through its head office in Saint John, Coastal Transport operates a fleet of five ferries to Grand Manan, White Head, and Deer Islands in Charlotte County New Brunswick. Coastal has an immediate opening for the full-time senior management position of Manager of Vessel Operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Manager of Vessel Operations works closely to lead, co-ordinate, and support the vessel Masters and Chief Engineers. They must have strong communication and team building skills and actively contribute to a safe and respectful workplace.
To allow us to assess experience and qualifications, please elaborate on the following areas in your resume and cover letter:
- Highlights of marine qualifications and experience
- Experience in senior vessel positions, superintendent, and other management roles
- Experience planning and co-ordinating major projects such as refits and dry-docking
- Experience with ISM and other quality systems
- Knowledge of Canadian Transportation Regulations
- Experience working with Transport Canada and Lloyds Register including attending surveys
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems
- Experience with audit and investigation
- Experience dealing with external vendors
- Experience managing budgets
The Manager of Vessel Operations will share their time between the head office in Saint John and on-site on the vessels and terminals which are a short drive away.
Coastal Transport will be offering a competitive salary ($110,000 - $125,000), medical and insurance benefits, RRSP, and company car and phone. Coastal values the balance between professional and personal lives and actively works to maintain this balance for its employees.
Kindly respond in confidence attention General Manager.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $125,000.00 /year