Every company has a story. Ours started by observing untapped space on the walls of our homes…and then turned into something so, so much bigger.
Having borne witness to “digital” reshaping every facet of our lives, we marvel at the possibilities and have dedicated years to the pursuit of a visual and auditory experience that goes way beyond our smart phones, tablets, and TVs. Since the invention of the motion picture, no one has created such captivating ways to enjoy content from an entirely different perspective… until now.
We’re the inventors of a new way for customers at home to experience digital stuff, and for brands at large to display their digital stuff (in really large format). What’s behind the transformative experiences we create through imagery you ask? It’s our technology platform.
At VIDERI, we build ground-breaking hardware, write state-of-the-art software, and curate (and create) something-for-everyone content. We’re changing the walls of places where we work, play, eat, shop, relax, and live.
Literally, and figuratively. It’s often said that products that challenge the status quo need to be seen to be believed. This is worth seeing.
About the role
The mobile software developer will work with the lead engineer to assist and design key functionality in our Android based consumer electronics product as well as the iOS and Android based mobile applications that are used to control it. This is a chance to have hands on experience working with the full spectrum of technology from hardware, electronics all the way up to Amazon cloud based mobile software on iPhone.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, and maintain cutting edge new application technology using agile and TDD methodology.
- Analyze and troubleshoot code, correct errors as required.
- Develop unit, regression, and integration testing.
- Contribute to global architecture and system design.
- Work with the product management team to help define new product features.
- Provide engineering support to operations as required.
- Follow industry standard applications development techniques and practices.
- Create accompanying documentation to software code.
- Participate in development meetings and provide status reports.
What you’ll need
- Past personal projects with mobile development on iOS
- Personal projects using linux or other open source software
- Able to work in a diversified environment.
- Fast learner.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in software development and a passion to learn new technologies
- Proven experience with Xcode and deploying Objective-C or Swift based iOS applications to the App Store
- Experience with iOS Frameworks
- Familiarity with REST API’s
- Minimum of one published app on the App Store
- Demonstrated experience with test driven development
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science preferred but not required.
- Great mentorship and start-up company culture
- Fun office space located near Metro Charlevoix and near the Lachine canal; our offices are open planned with large windows in Montreal’s biggest brick building
- Lots of fun team building events throughout the year
- Annual budget to be spent on learning and training
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Kitchen always stocked with coffee, snacks and drinks
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
If this speaks to you, please apply. Experience is transferable from many different skills and backgrounds, and your passion and enthusiasm are what will set you apart. We’re an open and inclusive organization dedicated to diversity and fair hiring practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Software Development: 4 years (Required)
- Objective-C or Swift: 1 year (Required)
- Xcode: 1 year (Required)
- iOS Frameworks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)