Reporting to Superintendent, Process, you will be responsible for technical process engineering coordination of projects and short and long-term production planning of Bethune production plant areas. This position is also responsible for providing leadership to process engineers, production data admin and term engineering coop student. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring management of change (MOC) and capital projects are scoped, progressed and aligned with production department needs
- Evaluation, Planning, Coordination, and people leader (supervision)
- Supporting production and project and technology teams to complete project process scope for management of change and capital projects, coordinate interface between internal technical interfaces and external technical bodies (e.g. K+S Group and consulting firms)
- Analyzing long term/short term production data to support and drive technical decision as part of production planning and project supports
Our company values and recognizes the diversity of the workforce and encourages individuals with the equivalent combination of education and work experience. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial & Mineral/Metallurgical engineering
- 1-5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial process setting, potash experience preferred
- Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T.) certification or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) status with APEGS
- Process modeling (SysCAD, Arena, AFT Fathom) and VBA and Minitab experience an asset
- Interpersonal skills including problem solving and consensus decision making, technical evaluation, report writing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs including EXCEL, WORD, PowerPoint, Visio, SAP
- Effective communicator both in verbal and written form
- Works well in a team environment, time efficient, persistent and is comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly technical work environment
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada
- Successful candidates must be eligible to travel
Employment is subject to successfully completing KSPC’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, functional fitness evaluation and drug and alcohol testing.
To ensure consideration for this role, please apply by July 17, 2022.
By living our common K+S values across all our locations in the world: We are optimistic about our future, collaborative in building it, and with our entrepreneurial spirit, we aim to dig deeper and reach higher. We remain agile in an ever-changing world. We are innovative, turning obstacles into opportunities – and we do it all in ways that are safe and sustainable, protecting future generations.
We are committed to being a company where every employee can contribute, grow and thrive, and where we reflect the diverse communities in which we live and work. We are working toward a truly inclusive environment, because we know that the amazing array of differences in our backgrounds, competencies, experiences, race, gender, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, identity and their intersections is key to the longevity, sustainability and growth of our organization.
In a career with K+S Potash Canada (KSPC), you can look forward to:
Good People and Great Culture
Be part of a team committed to building an innovative and diverse culture. KSPC is growing our business, delivering exciting new opportunities, and giving back to the communities where we live and work.
Challenge and Growth
We support your growth and potential through professional development, training, and a robust performance recognition program.
Our total target compensation is competitive and benchmarked to the market. We have a Pay-for-Performance philosophy that includes two components: fixed (base) pay, and a short-term incentive (bonus) that rewards employees for their contributions towards corporate, team and individual successes.
Our comprehensive, employer-paid benefits program includes Life, Disability, Health and Dental, as well as competitive Retirement benefits, Employee and Family Assistance Program, paid work time to help out in your community (volunteer with a sports team or a charitable organization of your choice) and more! We offer a Health Spending Account for extras, like more expensive glasses, or a Wellness Account that covers recreational items, like your park camping fees, hunting or fishing license, and your gym membership.
Job Type: Full-time