Looking for some variety in your day? If so, you’ll get it in this position working with a variety of packaging materials and thousands of diverse products at multiple locations. If you’re a Packaging Engineer who enjoys solving the tactical challenges of transit packaging and driving processes more than the creative side of retail designing packaging – than this could be the job for you!
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America’s largest and most successful omni-channel direct-marketing companies. Our company includes a diverse portfolio of affiliates, brands and products ranging from apparel to furniture, while maintaining our roots as a private, customer-centric business.
What You’ll Do:
We need a self-driven Packaging Engineer for hardgoods and apparel products who will take ownership of packaging development along with the validation and evaluation of vendor packaging, testing, and training. You’ll also be responsible for:
What It Takes:
- Managing development of 6,000 plus SKUs annually
- Developing new transit packaging in coordination with suppliers
- Developing and performing package tests on products identified as possible high-damage or having questionable vendor packaging
- Evaluation of packaging materials, processes or equipment for cost or labor savings
- Training operations staff on packaging related procedures or equipment and verifying that work performed meets current non-food packaging standards.
- This person will be located in Monroe, WI with occasional travel to product fulfillment centers (1-2 times a month).
This role requires solid packaging knowledge, particularly related to transit-packaging in small-parcel carrier environments. Ideally you will have a bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering and at least one year of packaging experience. In addition, we are looking for:
- Experience with K/D furniture
- Independent decision-making skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Solid verbal communication skills to effectively train and collaborate with our internal team members and vendors
- Excellent written communication, reporting and documentation skills
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage a dynamic workload
- Competency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) is required; MS Access knowledge is a plus
- Detailed reporting and proposal writing is a plus
Colony Brands, Inc. is one of North America's largest, multi-channel, direct-marketing companies. The company maintains an extensive portfolio of affiliates, brands, and products ranging from cheese and petit fours to apparel and kitchen appliances, while maintaining its roots as a private, customer-centric business based in Monroe, WI. We're financially sound, yet our success is not just defined by our profits; it's about living our Core Values, giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work! To that end, Colony Brands generously supports the communities we work in and offer many benefits and programs that support the well-being of our employees.
Colony Brands is not just about growing our profits – We are about giving our employees the opportunity for growth and providing a better place to live and work. We also offer our employees many great rewards in addition to monetary compensation:
A robust Wellness Program including Onsite Healthcare
Superb Retirement Plans (401K & a company-funded Pension Plan)
Extensive Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits
Seven 4-day work weeks in the summer months to give our employees additional time off
Company Product Discounts
And, so MANY more!