The Engineer – MRB/Repairs Group will create repair dispositions and structural analysis to substantiate product non-conformances and field repairs under the direction and oversight of designated Lead Engineers. The MRB/Repairs Engineer will assure compliance to; ST Engineering, Customer, and Regulatory Agency requirements. This is an exciting opportunity to learn and develop technical skills in a growing aviation business. In this role, you will:
- Prepare repair dispositions and structural analysis studies for non-conforming or damaged Nacelle hardware to support new deliveries and in-service products.
- Support daily meetings with Internal Stakeholders to establish agreed priorities and communicate status and closure plans.
- Identify, create, and substantiate standard repairs.
- Participate in Corrective Action board meetings to identify and implement root cause and corrective actions for non-conformances.
- Contribute to Customer Structural Repair Manuals.
- Support and contribute to growing data analytics projects within the MRB and Repairs Sub-Section.
Bachelor's Degree in mechanical or aeronautical engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Ability to assess issues under pressure and address collaboratively with team members of varying degrees of technical expertise.
- Strong technical writing skills to develop clear and concise engineering documentation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with willingness to occasionally provide late night or weekend engineering support
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment for composite layups, metal machining, assembly, and other manufacturing processes.
- Familiar with MRB (Material Review Board) process for aircraft structures.
- Educational training in structural analysis fundamentals, finite element analysis, and classical hand analysis approaches for composite and metallic structures.
- Working knowledge of GD&T symbols and requirements.
- Experience with the FE tools such as PATRAN / NASTRAN, ANSYS, HYPERMESH, and/or ABAQUS
- Experience with 3D Modeling Software such as CATIA V5 or V6
- Experience with PLM software such as ENOVIA
- Advanced Technical Degree
MRAS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation or belief, or any other protected class. We are committed to the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment and are dedicated to making employment decisions based on merit and value, for ourselves, our client companies, and for the candidates we represent.