Terma North America (TNA), the US subsidiary of Denmark based Terma A/S, is searching for a Reliability Engineer to join our team of dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast paced company. Leveraging the Terma reputation and our strong relationship with the US DoD, Homeland Security and large Aero/Space Prime Contractors for more than three decades, Terma has developed a significant presence in the U.S. as a provider of mission critical solutions for aerospace, defense and security sectors. We are known as an independent, agile, and fast responding partner for mission customized solutions. For further information, please visit www.terma.com.
Location: Atlanta, GA
The Reliability Engineer will support both new product introduction and existing products in next generation Airborne Defensive Systems.
- Provides DFR (Design for Reliability) guidelines to design team for new product development and manufacturing product life cycle.
- Responsible for improving reliability tools/methods, e.g. DFR, FMEA, throughout Engineering and Manufacturing during the design phase and product life cycle.
- Responsible for the design, oversight, and execution of reliability/serviceability tests including accelerated life testing, environmental stress screening, HALT, HASS, and reliability testing.
- Collaborates with Product Engineering, and our Vendors in support of product reliability MTBF numbers generation in accordance with MIL-HDBK-217. Working with FIT data also helpful.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics or related field
Required Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of Technology Roadmaps
- Development experience preferably with AERO/Space COTS products
- Ability to prioritize and plan schedules, estimate task effort and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced professional office environment
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DOD) Security Clearance.
- Willingness to travel CONUS and OCUNUS
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a related field (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or other applicable Engineering degree)
- Six sigma training and certification
- Working knowledge of gated Quality Management Systems in an AS9100 environment
Terma North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of applicants or employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift