Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine.
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Become part of our team as an in-country engineer for the KF-X effort. This program provides technical assistance to Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) to develop an advanced, multi-role fighter aircraft for the Republic of Korea Air Force. This position will be located in Sacheon, South Korea and the selected candidate will deploy from their current location.
- Review, assist and advise on Flutter/Dynamics Finite Element Modeling and Ground Test Correlation.
- Review, assist and advise on Flutter/Aeroservoelastic (ASE) analysis and their impact on the Structural Design.
- Advise on Component Stiffness and Mass Property Requirements.
- Guide proper action to prepare for the First Flight Readiness Review (FFRR) with respect to Aeroelasticity (Flutter, Divergence, Aeroservoelasticity).
- Advise on planning, performing and evaluating the related ground tests (component and aircraft) and Flutter flight tests.
- Advise on Airworthiness Certification in Aeroelasticity (MIL-HDBK-516C 5.2.1~5.2.4).
The successful candidate will serve as a subject matter expert and train and mentor customer engineers. In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate should have a track record of success working in diverse groups where attention to the customer is paramount.
Upon selection, the candidate will receive details of the long-term benefits package associated with this international assignment. The current salaries of internal candidates from Lockheed Martin will also be taken into consideration.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Candidate must be able to relocate to Korea and must be able to obtain a Korean VISA.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualification are the skills that you must possess to be considered for this position:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
- 7 years relevant (Flutter/Dynamics/ASE) work experience on a fighter aircraft platform including:
- Conceptual/Detailed Design Flutter/Dynamics/ASE Analysis.
- Ground Testing (Component Stiffness and Vibration, Aircraft Ground Vibration Testing (GVT), Aircraft Structural Coupling Testing (SCT)) and Post Test Correlation.
- Flight Test Verification of Aeroelastic Stability.
The following Desired Skills are not required, but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
- 15+ years of experience in dynamics and aeroelasticity
- Experience leading engineers in dynamics and aeroelasticity
- Experience using MSC NASTRAN/ZONA ZAERO/MATLAB
- Exceptional Communication/Interpersonal skills
- Program Management Experience with military or government programs
- Experience working with international customers, particularly the Korean Government or culture
- Experience with Export Control Compliance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.