Routeware is a leading provider of fleet automation and analytics software to the waste industry. Established 20 years ago, it is based in the Portland, Oregon metro area, with a successful record of selling fleet automation management software to municipalities and companies of all sizes. In this role, you can make a significant impact within a dynamic, team-centric culture that appreciates innovation, initiative, and creative problem solving. Routeware provides a casual yet professional work environment designed to bring the best out of each member of our team.
If you are a Software Engineer on the .NET stack and want to work in the M2M (machine to machine) space, then we are very interested in talking with you! You will primarily be helping us build and refine our suite of vehicle tracking software, help design/architect new product lines and integrate with third party systems. This is fun work with many new features to be added and the chance to play around with new technologies and hardware.
- Architect, design, and write software for Routeware products including, but not limited to, the Back Office suite of projects including RC&C, RBO server, Rcore and other on board solutions.
- Architect, design, and write software for new Routeware products.
- Aid in planning the technology direction and roadmap of the Routeware suite of products.
- Participate in quality assurance activities including integration and system testing.
- Support activities related to rolling out new releases to customers.
- Write and/or review documentation typical of software development methodologies such as Product Requirements, Functional Specifications, and Integration Test Plans.
- Participate in agile and scrum like engineering processes including daily standups, code reviews, sprint planning and paired programming as appropriate.
- Provide technical assistance to Customer Support, including problem diagnosis and issue resolution.
- Research new technologies and solutions as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8+ years of Sr. Software Engineering experience
- Significant experience with the .NET stack (.NET, ASP.NET, C#, MVC, etc.)
- Background with SQL Server and writing stored procedures
- The ability and desire to work with hardware
- Strong team player with the willingness and ability to collaborate across multiple projects
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Strong work ethic, along with a high level of integrity
- Flexibility and willingness to work on whatever is required; being a small company, we wear multiple hats
- Great communication skills as the position may require talking with our customers, partners and vendors
- Willingness to provide technical support from time-to-time
Nice to have
- User Experience Design, fluid with CSS
- Thread programming
- Experience with continuous integration and unit testing
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Cloud-based experience such as SaaS and AWS
- Touch Screen Mobile Devices
- Cellular communications
- Telerik or other reporting packages
- GPS and Google mapping
The preceding position description is intended only to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by an incumbent employee in this position. It is not intended to be construed either as an employment contract or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified or assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 8 years (Required)